Friday, July 11, 2014

Renewing a tradition...


Since Tony and I grew up in the same small town we have similar experiences and our paths would cross on occasion, although at the time I don’t think either one paid too much attention to the other. We ran in different groups of friends, but you know the saying about opposites attract! It was the summer before 11th grade that we saw each other on "the hill" during a concert. For some reason Tony thought he should warn me about someone who liked me. He felt this person was wrong for me....my first thought was who are you to tell me who I should like but as the summer progressed I realized he was right. And I guess the rest is history....

The place to be for the 4th was “the hill.” Parking was a nightmare but in those younger days that was part of the fun. After having kids we would go to see the fireworks occasionally but was no longer a tradition. There is something about sitting in a car with a 1, 2, and 5 year old for 2 hours trying to get out of a parking lot that makes the firework trip a little less enjoyable!


This year our friends invited us to join them for the fireworks and to sit on “the hill” again. Ugh…the parking lot was our first thought…. we won’t get home till after midnight was our second thought! But how can we say no when our friends are going and the kids aren’t babies or toddlers.  They should be able to handle sitting in a parked car! 

Not sure way I didn't take my Nikon and tripod but at least I had my phone. 


Waiting for the park to close and the fireworks to start....


First firework of the night!



Oops...I don't think this one was to go off on the ground.
There was a brief pause after this misfire and we sat quietly
remembering when there was a tragic moment with fireworks
not long ago in a neighboring town.


And they are back on....


They were amazing...


 And beautiful...


 Looks like the tradition is back....
A great 4th thanks to wonderful friends!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity