Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bacon and Blue Cheese Flatbread Appetizer

Are you looking for a quick and easy appetizer 
or a light meal? 

The other evening I needed a easy appetizer to take to a party.
I found myself walking the isles of the grocery store, hoping something 
would just jump into my cart....sad to say that didn't happen! 

I did spy pre-made flatbread and called Tony and asked what 
could I do with flat bread???
Here is what we came up with!!

Bacon and Blue Cheese Flatbread


Step 1:
Buy a pre made flatbread (or use this recipe to make homemade flatbread)  and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil and spread over top of bread. 

Step 2:
Apply a thin layer of pre-made Basil Pesto (our flatbread used 2 TBSP)

Step 3:
Top with (1) 4oz can of cooked sliced mushrooms, 2 TBSP Bacon pieces (we used bacon bits), 
3 oz (1/2 of a 5oz container) of crumbled Blue Cheese

Step 4:
Bake for 10 minutes in 350 degree oven and then broil for 3 minutes (or until the top is golden brown)

Step 5:
Slice, serve, and enjoy.....


We had so much fun with this recipe and thinking of
the new possibilities! Wouldn't artichoke and chicken make a
delicious flatbread? Yum....

1 comment:

corners of my life said...

Thanks - looks easy and delicious

We will be making this on Sunday switching out the mushrooms for artichokes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity