Sunday, June 3, 2012

A wildflower garden...

The kids and I had the most pleasant surprise on a drive home last week....

A field of wildflowers in full bloom....

I pulled over and quickly took a picture with my phone and
told the girls we will need to come back at sunset....

We returned as the sun was setting....

to enjoy the most beautiful poppies...
 
Do you think the purple blooms are larkspur?

A blanket of wildflowers lining the side
entrance of the local hospital...
just beautiful...

Wonder how hard it would be to recreate this on a smaller version?
Off to research how to plant a "field" of wildflowers...
I'll let you know what I learn...
Happy Sunday, friends!

10 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful! I'll bet that this wouldn't be hard at all to duplicate in a smaller version.

Your photography skills are amazing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, that is just gorgeous. I would have had to stop to enjoy that, too.

Christine said...

I think I would have done the same thing as you did by jumping out of the car. Well worth the stop.
Oh... those colors!

Jane Doe said...

Isn't it beautiful?! You got some great pictures, as always! I don't remember wildflowers in that spot last year, do you? Can't wait to see your wildflower field!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I just love this wildflower garden!
The photos are just beautiful!
Dee Dee

Brenda said...

beautiful, I pulled over last week to photography some wildflowers on the side of the road! too!!! lol glad I am not the only one! the field you photographed is amazing! love all the colors!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Those flowers are breathtaking. I think I would be tempted to snip a few and take them home with me ;)

Victoria said...

Wow! Those are so pretty! I love the poppies, never seen them in pink before. I had a field of wildflowers in my Vermont yard. I wonder how well poppies would do here in the Florida heat? Thanx for sharing!

corners of my life said...

These photos are stunning!

www.you-made-that.com said...

Wow, great job stopping and smelling the flowers and seeing their beauty, thanks for the photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity