Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hydrangea love....

My love for hydrangeas started during a Mother's Day vacation
to Cape May with my mom many years ago.
These beautiful blooms grace almost every house....
In Cape May they are the most beautiful
blue, purple, and pinks.


To our surprise, here at the pond house,
 we have a beautiful all white hydrangea....

For fun I grabbed my 50mm lens and played with
the reflection of the sun off the glass table...

the fun with my 50mm lens is being able to change
the aperture to 1.4...

with each photo I changed the aperture
to see how the picture changed....

Sometimes I think the neighbors think me and my
lens are odd...


Like laying on the ground to look up
at this beautiful bloom to get a
different angle...

or standing on the stump in the middle of
our yard to get this picture of
our furry new resident...


How about you...
what do you do to get 
the perfect photo?

7 comments:

Deana said...

What lovely pictures.....I'd love for you to share them @CountryMommaCooks link party now-Mon....and have a wonderful weekend : )

ChRiS said...

oml i love the pic of the lil racoon....and the flowers are beautiful.

Christine said...

Oh... your pictures are worth what ever position you were in!
Beautiful!

Tricia said...

I'm usually crawling all over the place photographing my kids or our cottage : o ) I love your pictures- just beautiful!

Stuff and Nonsense said...

pretty white blooms!

i have so much practice to do
with taking photos
that i usually take
about eleventy million of them!

alison

Deb {Confessions of an Ugly Mom} said...

I get the perfect pictures by reading your blog. :) So pretty.

www.you-made-that.com said...

Beautiful Wendy, I love hydrangea's one of my favorites! I haven't been to visit you in forever here so I wanted to say hello and wish you a wonderful Summer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity