Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Subway Art Dresser....

Before Christmas I found this dresser at a local thrift store. It has been sitting in the shop patiently waiting to be painted. It had lots of company in the shop, a farm house table, a few chairs, an end table and a desk. The problem is somewhere around Christmas time I lost my motivation. Can't tell you where it went, but it was gone! Then this past weekend we had a beautiful sunny day in the 60's! This is very odd for central Pa, we should have snow on the ground. I don't mind that we don't have snow, I am actually quite happy to not have snow! On this beautiful sunny day my motivation returned! Thank goodness! Nothing like a little sunshine to rejuvenate the soul....and bring some inspiration!!

 Here she is waiting for someone to bring her back to life!!

I am using the same technique I used on the frames that my dad and I made. You can read all about it, here!
I painting two coats of white paint on the front of the dresser.
 Using the cricut machine I cut out my letters and applied them to the dresser. After applying the letters I painted the dresser with two coats of black paint.


When the paint was dry, I used tweezers and removed the contact paper letters. This revealed the white paint. I glazed the front and the top of the dresser to give the letters an aged look and not a crisp white.

I know one should not become attached to a piece of furniture,
but it might be hard to take this piece to the booth on Saturday.
I am really enjoying it in the den.
Hopefully she'll find a good home.

Joining the following parties:
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Saturday Link and Greet at Country Momma Cooks


25 comments:

stephanie said...

You really should give up your day job girlfriend, let's make thrift shopping and furniture painting a full time job! Well done Wendy! It looks fantastic!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Wendy I LOVE IT!!

ichi-ban critic said...

I LOVE your latest work of art!! Oh, that I had a space for it in my garage apartment. Your talent is beyond measure, can't wait to see your next project!!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
So glad you were inspired to create this wonderful piece! I don't blame you for wanting to hold onto it, I'd be the same way!
Great job my friend!
dee dee

Jane Doe said...

Wendy, that is beyond amazing! I love it! I think it will fly out of the Olde Factory; someone is going to grab that ASAP! I want to come and get it right now! I think you should keep the original and make one for the booth, one for me, etc. :) I'll start looking for furniture for you to paint!

Lizykitty23 said...

I love this!!! and I want it too! lol...great job! just beautiful!

Christine said...

BEAUTIFUL! You took an "ugly ducking" and turned into a charmer.
Really nice, clean and percise.

sissie said...

WOW, looks wonderful!

hugs,
Sissie

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

That won't last long in your shop! I will have to make it there one day!

Good job!

Katie said...

That is awesome. You are talented. I love your slip covers and pillows. Where did you get them, they look perfect. I need new slip covers. Our lives are very similar we are in the process of remodeling about every room in our house. We live in PA too just moved here we live outside of Pittsburgh. It looks like you may live near my parents, I saw the hershey kiss, they live in Mechanicsburg.

lifeisrandom said...

wendy i really am in awe! growing up in hershey i want this badly if i only had a perfect spot...but don't worry it won't be on the sellers block for long in this town! however, i do invision this in your mudroom entry. ;) xo

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Now that is fantastic Wendy!

Deb {Confessions of an Ugly Mom} said...

Very cool. Very.

Kim said...

I wouldn't be able to part with it either. It's gorgeous! I should invest in one of those cricut machines. Hey, how is your booth doing? I'm opening one up at the end of the month with my friend and we can't wait!
Have a great weekend. We are going to Hoboken and it's finally going to be cold!
xoxo,
Kim

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

Love it!! Thanks for linking up! Stop by and sign up for my Stencil Giveaway!

XO, Aimee

Deana said...

Thanks for Linking up @CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet!

4you-withlove said...

LOVE this! Saw you on country mamma cooks! :)

Karen said...

What a great idea, Wendy! Its not just a piece of furniture but memories of people's "stomping ground". It won't last long!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love this. I would not want to let that go. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

This is quite stunning and certainly unique. Thank you for sharing. A new follower!

bj said...

I. LOVE. IT......

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Saw your post on WOW and am simply amazed and impressed!! My friend has a cricut machine and I may have to try this one myself someday soon! This one will go fast, so say your "goodbyes" now!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Saw your post on WOW and am simply amazed and impressed!! My friend has a cricut machine and I may have to try this one myself someday soon! This one will go fast, so say your "goodbyes" now!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Totally awesome!!!!!

Tami said...

I love this. Of course I would. I made something similar for my space in Lancaster. Feel free to check it out. And, I absolutely LOVE my Cricut, but I just upgraded to a Black Cat Cougar. Man, that machine is cool!
Fondly, Tami
http://thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com/2011/11/subway-art-bureau.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity