Saturday, January 21, 2012

Road trip....

Hello Friends...
We woke this morning to a blanket of
beautiful white snow covering the ground.
Planning to make soup,
drink hot chocolate and
play in the snow...
maybe even snuggle on the couch for a movie!

What I am really excited to share with you is
 the road trip Tony and I
took yesterday to Maryland.
Wow...what a fantastic day.
First we visited The Barn Sale in Fredrick, Md
Stylish Patina is hosting the sale and the barn is filled with
the most beautiful pieces of furniture.
You can see pictures on their website, Stylish Patina.
The sale continues through Sunday! 

From The Barn Sale we headed to Leesburg, Va.
Tony and I only had the day to spend on our little
road trip, but decided we need to plan a weekend.

As soon as I walked through the door
I felt like I had been transported to Paris...
(I could have spent all day here)

Love the creamy white of the furniture
and the color of the pillows...
a silver / purple color... 


More creamy white furniture
and love the sign...
"Don't piss off the fairies"


More delicious bedding....






We took the car for our road trip...
this was a big ole mistake,
because these babies couldn't make it home with us.
Wouldn't they make awesome closest doors?


Tony was loving this idea....


This swing would  be perfect for a
tree in our backyard....


There were so many beautiful mantels...
this may be the reason we travel back.
I have the perfect place for this guy...


A french door with a mirror instead of glass...
this would be perfect for our basement door!


Our new motto....


Now we need to plan a road trip with a truck
and for more then just a day...

Enjoy your weekend friends!

10 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Oh my I loved that french door. Looks like fun! I bet the snow looks gorgeous on your property.

Pine Tree Home said...

Snow here too. Time for getting some projects done. Don't you just love when a road trip is so fun? Lots of goodies you spied.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a fun trip. My husband always tries to take the smaller vehicle so I don't haul back a ton of stuff! Get back there and get those doors. Hurry. : )

Jane Doe said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, it's almost as good as being there! You and Tony should definitely go back for a whole weekend and take a uhaul!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I with you... I could have spent a small fortune in these wonderful stores! It sounds like you and Tony had a much needed day away!
Next time a whole weekend!
Dee Dee

Christine said...

What a wonderful day!
Treasures everywhere, especially your husband. He knows how to please you.

Now, what kind of soup did you make? Stay warm!

Wendy Lucas said...

Oh I wish I lived closer to that store! I think I could help you buy the place out!! :)

Made In The South said...

What a fun road trip.
I saw so many things that I loved. I agree, you need to go back with a truck and get those french doors. They would look great as closet doors.
Thanks for sharing your shopping adventure with us.

allaboutvignettes said...

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the shout out about the Stylish Patina Barn. Looking forward to meeting you next month. Please come by and say hello.

Kathy

Charles Alvarez said...

Your post is simply lovable. Big thanks for sharing this with us. I appreciated this.

Charles@homes in philippines

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity