Saturday, January 14, 2012

Enter with caution....

In the old house the girls each had their own bedroom and their own decorating style. They are truly opposites! In the new house the girls share a room. They have adjusted wonderfully. It is so much fun to hear them giggling and whispering at night. I always wished I had a sister, I am so happy they have each other.

The one thing they have in common is pack-rat-atitis, as Tony calls it. They keep everything! Today the girls started to de-clutter their room! The plan is to re-do the room and start from scratch. Instead of trying to merge their two bedroom sets together, we are going to sell it all and start over. They are excited to make this space theirs!

What I love most about my girls is that they know what they want and they know they each have their own style. I love listening to them pull it together.

Keeping it real....here is the room today...


As you can see we haven't accomplished anything in their room since moving. Still have the paper shades, orange wall and lots of new clutter!

Here is their plan:

1. Bunk beds in white


2. Maddie color choice for a comforter: purple.




3. Sarah color choice for a comforter: pink.

4. They want the walls painted a light blue color

5. Built in cabinets with two window seats.

6. A Chandelier

7. I would like to stencil a wall, but they haven't approved it yet!


8. Ruffles and girly touches.


9. Organizational ideas


10. Personal Art


We'll keep you posted as we start this project. Step one is selling their furniture and then we need to paint. The floor is still up for debate. The girls and I are voting for hardwood, but Tony didn't seem as excited. Can you think of anything we missed?

11 comments:

Maria M. Boyer said...

There's that energy at work again!! I can't wait for the reveal!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

This is definitely going to be a fun project! LOVE their choices!

Paula said...

It's going to be fun to see the end product of this room. Bunk beds will certainly give them more room and I love the idea of built-ins for storage.

Jane Doe said...

How fun! I love all the inspiration photos; I'm sure the room will be beautiful. Also, maybe all of that de-cluttering will make room for the subway art dresser?????

corners of my life said...

How very fun this will be!

Katie said...

Wow, that's going to look great! Wish I had that much style as a kid LOL

stephanie said...

How exciting!!! Can't wait to see the results, love the color choices already!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I can't wait to see the finished product! I love all the ideas (even repinned a few)! Allowing them so much input will help their love of their space!
Dee Dee

Kim said...

It's going to be gorgeous! I especially love the idea of the window seats!

Bethany said...

How fun to be able to design their dream room! I would have loved that as a young girl :) I'd still love it nowadays, too!

Lots of pretty ideas in this post. I'm looking forward to seeing what choices are made :)

♥ Bethany

www.happyhomemaker.me

Leslie said...

Chocolate!
You forgot chocolate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity