Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A year in review (2011)....

This may be one of my favorite posts to write. Looking at old photo albums and talking about the memories attached to the photo's is one of my favorite past times. Writing this post reminds me of times spent looking at those albums. It is fun to see what we did (or didn't) accomplish in a year. This year I decided to write two posts...one for decorating/family and one devoted to recipes.  Blue could have his own segment...or maybe he should start his own blog...for right now I'll spare you the details of the Blue saga....

January....
Trying to decide what to do with the bedroom....you guys are awesome! I asked for your help and you came to my rescue...


February....
This was the month of changing paint colors. First I painted the mud room and loved it so much....I painted the den the same color...


It was also the month we lost a tree in the front yard and Tony and Lil Tony used it to make a bridge...

March....
There were two additions to our home this month...one stayed and one didn't...
We updated the family room with new furniture and curtains....


We also discovered Mr. Snappy in the back creek....he traveled to live at a much larger pond...hopefully much happier!!


April...
We celebrated Easter and grabbed our boots for a Sunday walk...



May....
Last May I decided to take a break from blogging and find some balance.


May is also the time of year when we attend the porch sale in my brother's cottage neighborhood.


June...
We experimented with gold fish this month and bought three for the pond. Not sure how they did...we haven't seen them since the day we let them go in the pond. We are hoping this spring we will get to see them...


I also left dad in charge in June and came home to find this...


July...
The flower boxes were in full bloom....

The mudroom seems to have become an on going....never ending project...

August....
This was the month of travels and family vacation, which led us to make these cute Christmas ornaments...



September....
Drying zinnia's for gifts...


September was also the month we experienced the flood of 2011 in our area, something I hope to never have to experience again.


October....
Again I asked you for your advice on a paint color for the family room and kitchen...yes...you are the best! I love the new color...Popular Gray by Sherwin and Williams

November...
We re-opened Relatively Unique's booth at The Olde Factory. We are happy to report it is going well and our work shop is growing!

Getting the perfect picture for the Christmas card is a year long event...this year we took picture right in our backyard.

December....
We'll end with a Christmas tour...which you can see the mudroom is finally finished (for now)!!

Thank you for following along with us in 2011. We feel honored to have you as part of our journey. We enjoy reading each and every comment you leave us.

Tony and I looking forward to another fun year....excited to see what new adventures and projects are in store for us!!

Joining parties:
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday,
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality
and It's Overflowing

14 comments:

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

A very busy year! I'm sure the new year will bring excitement, fun, and new paint colors your way!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So good to see your year in review. I missed a couple of those. So cute putting a paddle boat in your pond. That is what we need to reach some things that need to be cleaned out, but we have snakes and I don't want to be that close to them.

dee dee said...

When you look back over the year Wendy, you can plainly see that you have been one busy lady! May this year be just as productive and contain an abundance of blessings!
Dee Dee

nannykim-nannykim said...

Wow--you have had a lot of changes. I hope this new year brings nice ones as well! Very pretty.

Christine said...

You have a great sence of style and that is why I keep coming back, to see what is new.
I will be a faithful follower in the year to come.

stephanie said...

Great post Wendy! Can't wait to see what 2012 will bring!

Tonya said...

Your mudroom is beautiful!! Congratulations on a fabulous year!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

You and your family had a fabulous year Wendy! Your recipes were delightful too. I still have your pizza crust one, but I have not tried it yet. Happy New year to you and your family!

Paula said...

You had a great year and I'm so impressed with all that you accomplished.

Karen said...

You accomplished quite a lot this year and your home is beautiful. Love the mudroom and how fun is that paddle boat?

Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com said...

Your 2011 Projects were AWESOME! LOVING the Popular Gray color!!! I’m excited to blog with you in 2012!!! I’m hosting a party and would LOVE for you to link up!!! XO, Aimee

Overflowing with Creativity

Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com said...

I'm excited to be your newest follower!!! Thanks for sharing with Overflowing with Creativity!!! XO!

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

How great to see someone from "our neck of the woods!" (Though we're in NC now.) I'm thinking a stop at The Olde Factory is in store for me when I next drive up to visit my daughter!

corners of my life said...

The picture right in your backyard is just perfect.

Happy New Year Wendy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity