Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tree Ornaments....

In October we experienced a significant snow storm. It is odd for our area to have snow in October, the trees had not lost their leaves yet. Trees with leaves and snow doesn't mix. It left us with many branches down and a reason for Tony to fire up the chain saw. As we were cleaning up the branches we tried to think of ways to use some of the branches. In the past when we lost a tree, Tony and Lil Tony made a bridge. This year he cute large some stepping stones for by the pond and these small circles. What would I do with small circles? What would you do with these small circles......
 Then one night when I was laying in bed thinking of how to decorate the tree this year....and it came to me! Sometimes I do my best thinking when I lay my head down on my pillow....and the world is silent...it is such a peaceful time of my day!

 First I used a number 2 pencil and wrote a word on the circle, then I traced the words with brown craft paint.

 20 tree ornaments....

 Tony added a small hook on the top and I threaded it with brown ribbon.....

And ready for the tree....

Are you making any homemade ornaments this year?
Some of my favorite ornaments on the tree
are the ones that are homemade!

Joining the party at Savvy Southern Style

7 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I'm not even sure if we're putting up a tree... long story. But...if I get around to making some ornaments, these would be perfect I have everything needed right down to the little eye hook!

they're cute.

Pat

dee dee said...

Wendy,
what sweet ornaments... will some of these make your way to the little booth?
I've been working on some tonight too!
Dee Dee

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a wonderful idea to recycle that wood. I love them.

Comeca Jones said...

Love it!

Jane Doe said...

These are so cute!

CvilleLady said...

What a great idea!! I have a wood burning tool that I could use instead of paint, making this even cheaper for the ornaments that I need to attach to gifts. Thanks!

Paula said...

What a great way to not let something go to waste.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity