Thursday, December 15, 2011

Styling an artificial wreath....


The other day when I was checking my email, I received an email from Heather asking if I would like an artificial wreath to style and share with my readers! I was very excited and quickly told her...yes!!

It felt like Christmas day when I arrived home from work to see a box sitting on the porch. This wreath is beautiful. One would never know it is artificial, the realism of the needles is amazing! Did I tell you it already has lights! My first thought was to decorate it for our side (main) door and use a bell theme. I also knew I wanted to keep it simple....


 Supplies:
Artificial wreath
Red bells (thanks to my friend...Lauren)
Red ribbon

First I made the bow...

 Start with one loop...
 and then a second loop....
 Keep looping side to side...occasionally I would cut the ribbon and let a streamer hang down and start a new loop. I knew I needed at least 5 streamers for the bells...
 Secure with a red twisty or a piece of ribbon...

Fluff your ribbon...

 Secure it to your wreath with ribbon....and next I attached the bells...

It was so pretty, I wanted to hang it somewhere we would see it every day!
Decided to hang it in the kitchen...


And it gives the perfect glow at night!!
Thank you, Heather! We love it!!
If you have a chance, check out  Balsam Hill,
they are having a great sale right now!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

That is an awesome looking artificial wreath! Lucky girl!! It looks lovely!

stephanie said...

Just checked their website, LOVE the square English Boxwood wreath! What size is yours Wendy?

Wendy said...

It is 30 inches and from the sugarland collection. I checked out the English Boxwood wreath! Beautiful!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

That is one stylin wreath Wendy! Love the reds and the bows are fantastic. Merry Christmas to you and your famil!

dee dee said...

Oh Wendy, how beautiful!
I am not a great bow maker, I'll have to follow your directions for excellent bows!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity