Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas tour (2011)...

Welcome to our home! You would not know it was December by the way the sun is shining in the pictures, it looks warm and sunny but I think the temp was in the high 30's.

I do have to preface this post by saying our home is never this clean or in order. These pictures are the foundation for our busy lives...the kids helped put coats, shoes, backpacks, books, lego's, barbies (the list goes on forever) away! I then sent them all (including Blue) outside after we cleaned! So....please come on in....it isn't going to look like this long....

 The side entrance functions as our main entry, the mud room, and the laundry room....
aka grand central station!




Next we stroll into the kitchen.
This year we are keeping the Christmas decorations simple....








You knew Miss Sarah couldn't resist finding a reason to peek inside...

We decided not to put up the large artificial tree this year.
I didn't feel like carrying it down from the attic and
we have the Blue factor...




 Appartently Lily traveled inside with Miss Sarah....

Sweet Lily doesn't eat any Christmas ornaments...
If you are wondering where the area rug is...
Blue ate it...he actually ate all of them.
We are waiting until this "phase" is over to buy new ones....
In case this is your first visit and you are wondering who
 Blue is....(thank goodness he is adorable)!



The downstairs bathroom is the guest bath and the kids bath...
I know the two should not mix...but the kids do a great job at
keeping it clean (most of the time).


 I finally painted the inside of the cabinet blue and love it!
(thank you, Kim for the suggestion)


The den is the last room on the first floor..




This year the only Christmas decorations upstairs is the Kids tree...
and the stocking hung on the doors...

If we head back outside we can look at Tony's decorations...

He is in charge of the outside...
he is a good man!



Thanks for stopping by...
if you were wondering how much has
changed in one year...you can see last years
tour...here! I am always amazed at what
changes and what stays the same!!

Merry Christmas!!

Joining these fun parties;

20 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, beautiful holiday home tour. You got some great photos, too.

Jane Doe said...

Everything looks beautiful!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
how merry and wonderful! I love each room and each sweet detail you added this year! Both wayne and I got a laugh out of blues "snacks"!
Dee Dee

Linda said...

Your home is SO lovely, Wendy! Beautifully decorated, yet so cozy! I loved looking at all your great, inspiring photos- thanks so much for sharing with us!

Comeca Jones said...

Total classic beauty.

Paula said...

Your home looks beautiful inside and out. I love the bells on either side of your door. The wall phone in your kitchen also caught my eye. Is it old or made to look old? Regardless, I love it!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Your home looks absolutely amazing! Amazing! As in, one of my favorite holiday home tours. I love the wreaths on the windows. This is something I really want to try next year.

And I love all the cozy little touches. And that white ceramic tree brings back so many memories. My grandma used to have one just like it. =)

Christine said...

The "Blue Factor" adds a bit of clarity to your Christmas decorations. I like that you kept things simple. Your touches of red make a big impact.

Let the kids and dogs back in!
It was a great tour.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Your Christmas decorations are so pretty! I love, love, love the Joy on the newprint!

Carrie said...

Blue IS adorable and your home is lovely! Love that entry/laundry area - what a great place! Blessings and Merry Christmas!

www.carriesbusynothings.com

Kim said...

You have a beautiful home, love your decorations!

Leslie said...

Wendy! I LOVE IT ALL! It's so cozy and lovely and charming. Like you!!
We are coming up next week. I will give you a call! K?

Jen said...

Thank you for stopping by harrison HOME.. I am sure glad you did because I got to see your beautiful home! I LOVE your entryway with the little wreaths on the windowpane mirror! And the outside of your home is so classic I love it!

Happy Holidays
Jen

ReFresh ReStyle said...

Your home looks amazing, thanks for sharing!
Merry Christmas,
Debbie

Pamela said...

Wendy your home is just beautiful!!

Designs By Pinky said...

You have a beautiful home and I love all your Christmas touches! Cute idea for the tree upstairs! XO, Pinky

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Wendy, what a beautiful home you have. Thanks for the grand tour. I love all the wreaths hanging and those bows are great.. Happy Holidays hugs ~lynne~

mrshinesclass said...

Congratulations on your feature at Savvy Southern Style! Your home is beautiful! You did a great job with your Christmas decor.
Sharon

vikki said...

Your home is lovely. When can I move in? I especially love how you have decorated for your children.

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I just love your home! So beautiful. :) And I love your laundry room too. So many beautiful touches. Thanks for sharing it with me.
Blessings!
Traci

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity