Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Work in progress....

I am resigned to the fact that our home is a continued work in progress. It is fun to look back over the past year and see how the rooms have changed. After the dilemma of choosing a paint color (thank you for your help) and then worrying I made a mistake....I am happy to report the downstairs is painted and the hallway up the stairs is finished. I am in love with this color!
Popular Gray by Sherwin and Williams.

This is our newest addition to the family room. Not sure what this cabinet might have been used for in its former life, but it works well to hold our quilts. (sorry the picture is blurry)


I am still waiting for Tony to hang the curtains back on the picture window....maybe reading this post will remind him!! Although, I am enjoying the look of no curtains. We do not have to worry about privacy, so it is nice to have the extra sun shining in.

For this week (hee hee) I moved the couch in front of the large window. When I sit on the couch I have a direct view of the flower garden and the pond. A great place to sit to read a book. It has become the favorite seat of the house.

The kitchen...I was worried how the gray would look against the cream cabinets. I am considering repainting the cabinets and maybe removing some to add open shelves....give it to me...what do you think?

The counter tops need to go. Thinking of painting the counter tops or my dream would be marble....

For fun do you want to look at how the rooms have changed over the last year?

Sept 9, 2010
Moving Day


February 2011
New furniture


October 11, 2011
New Paint Color
Popular Gray (Sherwin and Williams)


Kitchen
September 9, 2010
Moving Day


New Kitchen Chairs
and Curtains


October 11, 2011
Paint: Popular Gray (Sherwin and Williams)

I have decided it is fun to be a work in progress!!
Looking forward to see what the next year will bring!

Come party at Wow us Wednesday

14 comments:

Pamela said...

Your home is all turning out so beautifully Wendy!!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I like the grey with the creamy cabs. I am doing the new faux marble by formica in a mini kitchen remodel, so come by and check it out. I took my doors off of one cab and made it into display space, maybe you could do that instead of taking down the entire cabinet. I think your kitchen is very cottage charming!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, you can be very proud of the pretty home you have created.

sissie said...

The gray color is very pretty. The changes that you have made in your home are so pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Hi Wendy! Your home has evolved so much. I absolutely love it. So warm, so tastefully done, and it truly has been a labor of love that you and your family can be proud of.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
It's great to see how very much like life... things change including your beautiful home!
I too would be for hours sitting on your couch and enjoying the view. Love your work in progress!
Dee Dee

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love your living room soo much! I think the best homes are always a work in process. It's true in this case. I think it's fabulous already and then it gets better!

Heidiopia said...

Love, love, love the gray-- very crisp but still warm and inviting. You could absolutley open up a cabinet or two if you're brave enough. Go for it!
Visiting from SSS~
Heidi @ Show Some Decor

Comeca Jones said...

Its so beautiful*sigh*

Posie Patchwork said...

I love it all, those lounges look so comfortable too, love Posie

Karen said...

I am so inspired by your vision and hard work!!! All the changes you have made look beautiful!

T.@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Wendy,
Jumping over for a visit from Melissa's Versatile Blogger Award. Congrats! Lots of hard work has certainly paid off here...your home is beautiful> : ) I'd love for you to visit me. I have a giveaway that ends tomorrow evening!
Loved the post with the rocket stuck in the tree. Our husbands think alike. ; )
~Tina

Janette - The2Seasons said...

I love your kitchen. Not only that, but I love your blog design. It goes well with your home.

Stuff and Nonsense said...

wendy

you are certainly creating a warm
and lovely space for your family

i do adore
the new living room paint color
and the way you have rearranged the furniture

can't wait to see what unfolds in your kitchen space too

thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

alison

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity