Monday, October 17, 2011

Wipe Board...

Miss Sarah loves to play teacher and she proclaimed she needed a wipe board for her students (that would be her American Girl dolls.) If she didn't have a wipe board she wouldn't be able to complete her lessons. I really didn't want to hang a white wipe board in her room, but I also didn't want to let her students (or Miss Sarah) down.


Then I found this idea on Pinterest. We headed to the thrift store to see if we could make it work.

Sarah found the perfect picture (size) at the thrift store and then we headed to Hobby Lobby for a yard of fabric.


Miss Sarah got to work removing the paper backing.

We removed the picture and placed the fabric, face down, on the glass. I was being lazy and didn't want to measure.

We added the picture back, placing the picture facing out, because the matting would have affected the fabric. The back of the picture provided a flat surface against the fabric. Does that make sense?

Then I trimmed the fabric, leaving two inches of fabric to fold over the picture.

Using double sided tape we taped the four corners first.

Then we taped the sides.

I stapled the mat to the frame, to help keep it secure. I plan to add paper backing to the back of the frame, but can't seem to find the roll of paper. Does this happen to you? I am sure I put it somewhere for safe keeping, maybe too safe!

Next we moved the hardware.

Ta da....Miss Sarah's newest wipe board. Now I am thinking we need a smaller version for the kitchen!

I am so happy Sarah needed this for her students!
Hope her students love it as much as we do!
Also excited we actually completed a project
I pinned on Pinterest!

Joining these fun parties:
and
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded

8 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Very cute idea! ahhh..girls loving to play teacher, so cute!

Paula said...

Cute idea! When she's too old to play teacher, she can use it for notes.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I think I pinned that one too (or I should have)! Nice job Sarah and Wendy!

Jane Doe said...

You're so clever! I want one too!

Christine said...

Fun,smart,easy,beautiful and cheap.

This would make a great Christmas present!

(You are a good mom.)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute idea, Wendy. Thanks for sharing at my party.

Leslie said...

I'm sure the students will now get an exemplary education!
Very cute idea, Wendy!
How are y'all?

corners of my life said...

Such a useful project and even better that you got to do it together.

My son and his wife made us one for the kitchen using scrapbook paper for the background.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity