Monday, October 24, 2011

A project or two....

Have you ever been buried in projects?
Sometimes I wonder what it must feel like to have no projects...would that be called contentment?

I don't think there is such a thing as no projects with a home built in 1900, but isn't that why we bought an old home...because we love projects...you don't need to answer that :)

Last week I swore up and down our first floor was sinking, falling, collapsing...maybe I am over exaggerating. I moved the couch and felt the floor was slopped. I even had Tony buying into the idea. We traveled to Lowe's to price metal posts....thanks to DAD for bringing us back down to earth....a calming force. Happy to report we are not collapsing.

Each of the below projects deserve their own post, but for now here is a snippet of what is going on....

Suet Cakes:
Tony makes the cakes out of peanut butter and cornmeal for the birds. They love them.

The Garage:
Tony and my dad started to work on the back of the garage. It use to be the stable, which housed a horse named Ginger. No horses for us. We hope to use it as a recreational room. Instead of traditional siding, we are going to side it with a vinyl board and batten. 


After opening up the wall, we decided long term we need to add windows or french doors to this back wall.

The Booth:
We are working extra hard to get ready for November 1st, when we open RelativelyUnique2 at the Olde Factory.


 I started working on these chairs. They will not be black and they will have new fabric. I think Blue wanted to make sure you didn't forget about him...or he likes to get his picture taken...or both!

Halloween:
I told Sarah we could make her a costume out of a blue homecoming dress we got for $5.00 at the Thrift Shop. It is still a work in progress....I have until the 31st to finish....it is good to have deadlines. 


The kids used the Cricut to decorate the white plates in their bathroom. They had total say in the design.
Their deal....I think they did pretty good!
And this is the only completed project in this post!


Family Room Curtains:
This curtain rod fell down...maybe a month or two ago. It's falling inspired us to paint the family room. I know, how can that cause inspiration...who knows...I think there might be something wrong with us. The room is painted but no curtains....until tonight!!!
We don't believe in ladders....do you?

And since Tony is going to kill me for posting the above picture....
I'll share a photo he took last week...
Beautiful...

8 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, you are so busy. I don't know how you work on your home and on getting a booth ready and raise children. You must be wonder woman. Love the paint color. The kids did great on those plates.

corners of my life said...

You are one busy family {especially Tony!}

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I'm tired just reading your post!
I love Tony's photo. Really love it. Nice job on Sarah's dress too, and the kids did a great jobs on the plates! What is a cricut?

Karen said...

I have several comments: 1st - I LOVE THE PLATES!!! Please tell the kids that I said they did a great job and I could use their help at my house! 2nd - No matter what you say, I know you would be miserable without a list of projects, me on the otherhand, not so much. And 3rd - I love the french door idea and cannot wait to see it finished! I know I had more but this is taking on a project feeling, so true to form I am going to stop now, before I am finished... :D

Laura B said...

Wendy, I just love your blog! You are one of the most creative, loving, energetic people I know! Thanks for listening today and for calling me on your drive :)

Jane Doe said...

And then, on top of all the projects you already have going on, the pesky chick down the street starts hounding you about making bed frame benches!!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

I am cracking up at your husband standing on the couch! Cute plates Wendy, the kids looked like they had fun!

Paula said...

Wow! You guys have a lot going on, all of it very exciting! I look forward to seeing your booth and also to seeing more on your garage project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity