Monday, October 3, 2011

Painting update....

Thank you for your help! When I added up the votes from facebook and your comments, Sherwin and Williams, Popular Gray was the winner. I took my swatches to Sherwin and Williams to purchase Popular Gray.

I felt confident...then I walked through the door. Quickly darting to the paint swatches, I stared at my two choices for a long time....until I heard the salesman ask me if I needed help. He probably regrets asking me this questions. He got to listen to all my pro's and con's of each choice.

Finally, I walked away with two gallons of Popular Gray!! Committed.....

If you have the joy of living close to me, sitting with me at flag football, or being my mom
and visiting me on Saturday...you got to listen to my uncertainty again....
I thought I made a mistake.
Their advice was to keep painting...
I listened...Thank goodness!!

I love it.

It is still a work in progress.
I have to finish the kitchen,
 paint up the stairs
and the upstairs hallway.

Want to help paint? I'll provide the wine.


I painted the Formica backsplash...wasn't sure if it would work...
but it did. It will be a nice temporary fix.

During my painting process....
I thought of some great plans for the counters and cabinets.
If you follow on Pinterest...you'll see my ideas.
(If you don't follow on Pinterest and want an invite...send me an email!) 
I sold the ideas to Tony last night and he was in agreement!
Now I need to slow down,
my brain is working faster then our budget right now.
Does your brain work faster then your budget?

As soon as I am finished painting
I will share the finished rooms.

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you
for your help...you are awesome!

11 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

That my friend was the right choice. No pink undertones there. Looks so fresh and open now. I love it, glad you do too!

Midcenturymadam said...

Great color choice. If I lived anywhere near you I'd grab a paint brush and an empty wine glass and head your direction! I know that feeling...half way through the job you have those second thoughts but you were right to persevere. It looks fantastic! And yes, my brain is always way ahead of my budget.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Looking good and you will be through soon.

Comeca Jones said...

Love the kitchen curtains!

Jane Doe said...

The new paint color is beautiful! As for helping you paint, I'm a very messy painter, and you might not like me so much after it was all said and done! :)

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Wow it totally changes the look of those rooms.... love it and even more so I love that you love it! We use similar colors in our house but from the Benjamin Moore pallet... Revere Pewder and Edgecomb Grey and always get positive comments on them too!
I never noticed how open your kitchen is to you living room, how wonderful! We are getting closer to the end of our project and the midnight hours should be wrapped up by the of October and I hope to have more time to blog!
Dee Dee

Late Bloomers said...

Oh honey, my brain is YEARS ahead of my budget!!! I found 6 rolls of wallpaper at Salvation Army for $1 each and now I need to add a room onto my house so I can use it!
Cha-Ching!!

Karen said...

Love it!

Leslie said...

I think my brain works faster than my budget AND my body.
I love the gray!
Yes. I tell EVERYONE that I've consulted with about paint color NOT to call me until they are all done painting. Half way painted walls (because you are comparing it to the color you are painting over) cause many people to panic.
Guess what? I am about to paint over the red in my home, and rip off the toile paper in my foyer. Sigh.
On to staging and selling this place.
I am loving the gray...was going to do khakis, but I am seriously reconsidering after seeing your rooms.
I am a happy follower of you on Pinterest.
You have excellent taste in things (and people, heeheelolsnort!)
I love ya!
~me

corners of my life said...

Martha Stewart would be proud - she loves gray.

Pine Tree Home said...

Haah, my brain works faster than my little hands and feet have time to do all those things I want. The space is looking really nice. Keep going.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity