Monday, October 10, 2011

Hydrangea love....

My Grandmother Audrey's hydrangea's are blooming the most beautiful color this year. Actually, she said they didn't bloom red, but have dried to this beautiful red color this fall. The colder the weather gets the deeper red they are becoming....just beautiful!


Even the tips of the leaves are starting to dry a beautiful fall red color.


When she called the other day and said I could come and pick some blooms, I was very excited.


Wouldn't they make a beautiful wreath?


Or look beautiful on the Christmas tree...


Or dry in vases on the kitchen table!



If I had to choose a favorite flower, they might be number one on my list.


And even after cutting some blooms to take home...
one would never know any were missing!
I just might have to go cut some more...
just maybe!

11 comments:

DecorandtheDog said...

Very pretty!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Oh my, those are beautiful Wendy!

Made In The South said...

Those are my favorite, I just can never get them to grow.
I can not wait to see all the wonderful things you do with them. I think they would be just beautiful in your Christmas tree.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are gorgeous. I wish I had some real ones in that color. Only faux for now.

Silver Strands said...

I think hydrangeas are among the most beautiful of all flowers ... gorgeous post!

Jane Doe said...

I love hydrangeas! When I moved, I was sad to leave behind 2 big bushes that I had planted. The flowers are beautiful when dried and can be used for so many different things. Your Grandmother's are beautiful! Have fun with them!

Leann said...

Hi Wendy

I've never seen them this color before! What a sweet Gran!

Enjoy them and her!
Leann

Midcenturymadam said...

I was just talking to my mom about her hydrangea. We were wondering why it hadn't changed colors this summer. The blooms stayed green all summer long. I'm wondering, after reading your post if they might just change when the temp drops. They are beautiful, aren't they? A Christmas wreath would be lovely.

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Gorgeous! These are a perfect combination of two of my favorite things- red and hydrangeas! You're right, they would be so beautiful at Christmas!

Christine said...

I understand what you would pick the Hydrangea as your favorite.
This is a color that I haven't seen!

dee dee said...

Oh Wendy.... these are beautiful!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity