Monday, October 31, 2011

Home...

This morning I am spending time being reflective. Relevant is over and I sit sipping my coffee and sorting through the most beautiful business cards of some new and old blogging friends.


Putting my thoughts into words has never been easy. It is all there in my heart and my mind, but is difficult to put pen to paper.  This weekend my prayers were to listen for what God was whispering in my ear and placing on my heart. I am still processing the words I heard spoken.

On Saturday, my time at Relevant was cut short due to a snow storm. This is very odd for Pa to receive snow in October. I was sad to leave, but I knew my place was at home. This meant I would miss one of my favorite speakers, Ann VosKamp. Thank goodness Michelle at Some Girl's Website shared an overview of Ann's speech.


Since it is October, many leaves are still on the trees. Snow + leaves = breakage. We lost many branches and no power or water for over 24 hours. Many great lessons were learned this weekend...mostly how lucky we are to live in a country with heat and running water!



Last night we enjoyed the most beautiful sunset.
There is always a new beginning!
Have a great beginning of a new week.

4 comments:

Deb {Confessions of an Ugly Mom} said...

Though it's very sad to see your beautiful, old trees lose some of their limbs, I'm thankful that your structures and family were safe.

corners of my life said...

We had a similar storm October 2006 so I know just how you feel. It was known as the Arborgeddon Storm since we lost so many trees. Glad you were able tp stay safe.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

While you lost the tree limbs, the beauty is breathtaking. Gorgeous photo of the sunset, Wendy!
Glad all is well. : )

Denise said...

I loved seeing you again this year and for the time we got to spend together . Sorry I didn't get to say bye. Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity