Friday, September 30, 2011

Thank You (and need your advice)....

Woo Hoo...today we reached 300 followers! Signed on this morning and there you were...all 300! We are so excited to have each of you following along with us, especially since sometimes I feel I let you down. Thank you for hanging in there with us! As soon as I yelled upstairs to Tony the great news....his words were, "lets plan a give away"  I have an idea....and so does he...so we'll try to marry the two together!!

And since I have your attention, I thought I would ask for your advice. You have helped me in the past...and we love your help. Our kitchen, family room, stairs, and hall need repainted! Which means we need to choose a paint color. Making this decision is not one of my strong qualities. So, here I sit with two paint swatches taped to the wall. Scared to actually pick one.

Realist Beige (pink undertones) or Popular Gray (gray undertones).....


I did ask Blue for his help....but I think I have talked his ear off too much about it....
(in case you were wondering why the blanket chest is up against the sofa...it was to keep him off the sofa...guess that doesn't work!)


So...give it to me...
what do you think?

14 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm with you, I hate choosing wall color in my home.... but, I really like the
Realist Beige (pink undertones)

Good luck with your choice!
Sandy

Pine Tree Home said...

I'd go with pink undertones, but I had this same problem in my home. I actually ended up picking a color with yellow undertones. Ben Moore Pale Almond.

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Hi Wendy and congratulations on the 300! This is a tough call for me. In our last home we had the beige with the pink undertones, it worked because we lived in South Florida, and the decor fit it. Personally I would not choose the pink undertone, you will see in certain light it will look pale pink. If that is the color you are going for then by all means...if not you will not be happy.

Deb {Confessions of an Ugly Mom} said...

Popular Gray! And you know paint is temporary so no fear!!!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I prefer the grey undertones. Only because we once painted a room a color with pink undertones and it screamed flesh pink. It's so hard to tell until its on the walls.

Good luck!

Christine said...

I'm excited for you, 300 followers!
You are doing everything right.

I vote for the gray!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Congrats on 300! I painted a room once that was taupe with pink undertones and I hated it! I'm thinking the grey!

Jane Doe said...

Beth! I painted a room taupe with pink undertones too! Mine ended up looking like pepto bismal, which makes me think it must have been more pink with taupe undertones. Either way, I vote for grey!

corners of my life said...

Realist Beige seems warm to me and Popular Gray cool. For thirty years I've choosen warm but I love the look of cooler rooms. Are you warm or cold?

Frugal Home Designs said...

I painted Realist Beige for the "cream" to go with Sable (which I love), but I don't like the Realist Beige. It just doesn't look right. So I would suggest putting a sample on a few walls and watch it through the day to see how it plays in different light. Just to make sure. You don't want to have to repaint a like I have to :) I can send you pics if you would like.

UhOh! Here We Go said...

Hey, I came across your blog and I love it! We went through a lot of homes falling through before we found ours (granted, ours is our first home..but the path to get their still sometimes sucks!).

I think I might be checking back on your blog often; I am so terrible with things like paint colors and need all the inspiration I can get that doesn't resemble blue or green.

I'm from PA too! (am I the only one who gets excited to run into other bloggers who are from my same state???)

Late Bloomers said...

Pink undertones all the way... in the winter the room will feel warm and have a 'glow'

dee dee said...

Wendy
Congrats on the 300 following!
Of course your blog has been a gem and a blessing to me, so I'm sure it has been that way for all the others too!
I'd go with the grey undertones, in our last home Wayne and I picked a beige with pink undertones and ended up with "pink" walls. I'll be waiting to see what you pick!
dee dee

Karen said...

Congrats on your 300! You know I always like your paint choices, I am sure it turned out great! And, Blue is still adorable...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity