Thursday, September 1, 2011

Some Zinnia love....

Do you have a favorite flower?

This month I am loving my zinnia's....


I love how they are the same but different at the same time.


My mom dries her zinnia's every year and saves them to share with friends and family the following spring.

Our zinnia's are from two dried zinnia flowers my mom shared with us. We planted them in the spring after the last frost.

This has inspired me....

To share them as gifts....fresh cut....

and I have started to dry them to share as gifts this Christmas and spring....

 I can't wait to share them as gifts this Christmas! (I know this is my second post about Christmas....not sure why my brain is thinking about Christmas already!)


Do you dry and save any of your flowers? Love to hear some more fun ideas!!

9 comments:

Jane Doe said...

What a wonderful idea! Your flowers are beautiful!

Wendy said...

Jane Doe (hee hee) do you save your pumkin seeds and replant? Would it work?

stephanie said...

The zinnia is my favorite summer flower!! Sure hope I'm on your gift giving list this year!! You remember where I live right???

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Yes! I started planting zinnia's with my daughter when she was two-- I used seeds every year after that from our own bed (all from that little .10c pack of seeds.
She is 24 now. And has a two year old of her own... and I know I have an envelope stashed somewhere around this house. It's making me crazy...!
Wouldn't that be awesome if I could find it...and plant those seed with her daughter?
well, yeah... but NO! I can't find them anywhere. Makes me sad.
So next year I'm biting the bullet and spending .33c and buying another pack to plant with her.
Can't waste anymore time. Oh...and I love zinnia too. That and Iris/flags.

beautiful pictures and a great idea, for a gift by the way. Pat

Paula said...

What a great idea for a gift! I adore Zinnias but haven't planted any in a few years.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I love this idea, Wendy!How do you dry them, hanging upside down? I bought the wrong zinnias this year though, I got the ones that only grow about 8 inches tall...a little disappointing, but at least they didn't get the powdery mildew that zinnias often get (that's why I bought them, it said mildew resistant...but I'd rather have tall!)

My House, My Garden said...

Love the zinnias also!! Never thought about drying them but I believe I am going to give it a shot.

Made In The South said...

What a cute gift. I have never grown these, but will give it a try next spring.
Hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend,
Melissa

Karen said...

Your pictures are beautiful Wendy! What a clever gift idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity