Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weekend Reading #7....

On Thursday I had the pleasure of visiting the Hershey Farmers Market on my way home from work. It was wonderful. I encourage my readers and friends who live in the area to visit. I think it is a hidden secret which needs to be shared. They have a wonderful selection of produce, bake goods, cheeses, and meats. What I loved was the diversity of venders. Here are two of my favorites.....


 Wait until you meet Sarah, she is a sweetheart! Maddie and I both tried her lip balm (White Chocolate Truffle) and love it.  I love her story, she and her husband followed their dream and were able to share wonderful memories making those dreams come true. She shares how she started her business in her kitchen and is decidated to her product and her customers. You are going to love her! When you place an order she makes it for you and the date it was made is right on your product. Have fun getting lost in her site and blog!


Tony and I were both very excited to discover Cassel Vineyards. The Cassel family's farm began in 1903 and the farm has remained in the family since the beginning. Don't you love a good family story? We purchased a Blush wine and it was delicious. They offer a variety of red, whites, and fruit wines. They have a Strawberry and a Peach and Honey wine....doesn't that sound beautiful? Tony and I are looking forward to visiting them at their wine store on the farm. Thinking their wine is going to make some wonderful Christmas gifts! Have fun visiting their website and blog!

The next two blogs I discovered through some blog hopping......
We (Tony and I) love touring homes, especially older homes. Old House Dreams lets you tour older homes which are for sale, from the comfort of your sofa! I got lost in this site for way too long! Wait until you visit and start touring these homes! There are so many historical homes out there just waiting for someone to love them! Now if only we had a couple million laying around! Ha Ha! It is fun to dream!


I am so happy for you to meet Maggie at Midwestern Sewing Girl, although you probably already have met Maggie. Did you ever discover a blog and think to yourself, how did I not know about you? That is how I felt but very excited to be on board now! She is a mom of 3, has the support of her husband through all her adventures, and loves to be at home! She shares some awesome project ideas and tutorials, like this ruffled pillow! She can relate to real life, for instance she just wrote about  "what do people see when they walk in your house"  Have fun exploring her blog!

Got to go friends! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for introducing me to some new-to-me blogs and websites.

stephanie said...

Wendy, I will definitely have to stop at the farmers market! Sorry I missed it last week when Tony was there! I've already spent about 20 minutes on the Old Homes site, curse you woman for telling me about this! I can't stop paging through home after home after home......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity