Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A tiny project....

Last weekend my parents took the kids and my niece camping for four days and three nights! Bless them! It was bliss! Now, don't get me wrong...we love the kids and missed them very much...and were very happy to see them return on Sunday...but four days of peace and quiet was blissful! Thank you mom and dad!

My  mom asked if we tackled any projects? No big project was completed, but I did complete one small project. I don't even know if it is blog worthy, but is my tiny project!


Do you remember this cabinet from my brother?
You can see the before...here.
I tried lace in the doors, but is wasn't quite right.
My friend gave me some chicken wire to try....

Much better!
I cut the chicken wire with wire cutters
and secured with staples.

I have some extra chicken wire
and found myself wondering through
the house to see where else I could use some.

Then I caught myself and I rolled it up and put it back in the garage....
there has to be another project I could tackle with it.

I also hung the last two plates on the wall.
They were only sitting on the cabinet for
about six months.

Sometimes completing those tiny projects
are as much fun as the large ones!

9 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

That sounds blissful to me too. Your hutch and decor look so cute.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, that looks great and I love the tole tray on top. Just a suggestion, but I see the color of the tole tray painted in the back of the hutch. That would be really pretty. Thanks for joining the party.

Christine said...

What a great bathroom! Complete was a wonderful window and view.
How nice of your parents to want to spend time with their grandchildren. And how nice for you.

Paula said...

Your corner cabinet fits perfectly into your bathroom space. I love how you've styled it and the chicken wire adds the perfect life in the country touch to it.

Stuff and Nonsense said...

your tiny projects makes a big statement...love the chicken wire...it all looks lovely!

alison

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I happen to like the chicken wire in the door pretty well... I am really in awe of the space in your bathroom!

envy...!

Pat

Jane Doe said...

I love the plates over the potty!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This looks great. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Take care Anu

charlesalvarez23 said...

I like this post. Simple yet cool and the cabinet were fantastic. Thank you.




condo manila

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity