Thursday, August 11, 2011

A little landscape inspiration....

Our love for Stone Harbor, NJ started many years ago. I am thinking we were probably 17 or 18yrs old the first time we visited. Tony's parents rented the same beach house in a near by town every year. Everyone would try to make it down for the week or at least part of the week. I am so happy to have these wonderful memories. Since Tony and I don't know how to sit still and do tire of sitting on the beach all day, we would take drives up and down the coast of NJ. Stone Harbor became our favorite stops. The truth is, the smell of pepperoni bread from a wonderful bakery drew us in every year! We decided when we had a family it would be the perfect place to take the kids for vacation. 
One tradition is to take family walks. This is perfect, since we love to look at landscaping and Stone Harbor is full of beautiful landscaping and hard-scaping. I think almost every driveway has pavers! We travel home with so many great ideas! Here are some of our favorites we hope to incorporate at the pond house.


Hopefully next year a picket fence and arbor make their way off the "to do" list and be on the "completed" list. (Hopefully Tony is reading this!)
I have been holding out on you...sorry. This is my favorite house! Today I'll share a peak at the window boxes and hydrandrea's!
Love the Crepe Myrtle....
More window boxes and hydrangea's.
A row of Crepe Myrtle lining the street!
We planted a Magnolia this year and love how they landscaped around this Magnolia.
Couldn't resist a different view of the arbor.
Impatiens lining the sidewalk....
The impatiens lined two sidewalks....
So many details in this one house; window boxes, picket fence, trellis, and the small pergola in the front!
This planter was at the marina in Cape May, NJ.
Tony can't wait to add one of these bird houses to the back yard. I can't wait for a picket fence!
And the view from the back dock of our rental. We have decided we love to be by the water....so relaxing!

8 comments:

stephanie said...

Such beautiful pictures Wendy!! A favorite town of mine also!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great landscaping inspiration.

Love the Decor! said...

Oh my goodness I want to go there too : )
Beautiful!!

Paula said...

There's nothing like staying beside the water. You certainly had a lovely view.

I've never been to the NJ shore. I like what you've shown us.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

When Dave and I play the "If We Win The Lottery" game, always on the list is a house in Cape May, we just love it, thanks for the photos.

Jane Doe said...

Such beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing!

Karen said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I am so glad you had a great trip. The window boxes are my favorite!

charlesalvarez23 said...

What a lovely post! I was amazed with the stunning beauty of this property. How I really like it. Hope to have this kind of wonderful property someday. The last photo was exceedingly awesome. Big thanks.





makati condo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity