Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chocolate Molten Cake....

On Saturday I shared with you the fun moments of our week and I would be deceiving you if I let you think it was a week of only sun and fun. Like every week there are highs and lows....sometimes I call it the peaks and valleys of life.

Being a wife isn't always easy, being a mother isn't always easy, working full time isn't always easy, and being back in college isn't always easy...and on Wednesday my life experienced the perfect storm. Sometimes I can miss the storm, even ride it out, but this Wednesday....the storm got the best of me. Thank goodness for a husband who prays and was the voice of reason I needed! Thank goodness for three wonderful friends who know how to make me laugh! Thank goodness for a husband who taught Lil Tony how to bake.....bring on the chocolate!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks of butter
8oz dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1/3 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
confectioners' sugar for dusting



Step 1:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter each ramekin and coat with cocoa powder, tap out any extra. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.

Step 2:
 Melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl (heat at 30 second intervals and stir in between heating, until chocolate is melted). Set aside to cool.

Step 3:
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, and granulated sugar. Stir in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder. Mix until ingredients are combined.  Divide batter among ramekins. Bake for 13-14 minutes, cakes will be firm with a soft center.

Step 4:
Invert ramekins onto serving plate and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve warm.


We also rejoice in our sufferings,
because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
perseverance, character; and character, hope.
                                                      (Romans 5:3)

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I am happy to hear that you made it through the week.
Storms stink.
I have had a few myself lately...we have a good God and good men...
We are blessed!
I am Pinteresting this recipe!
I love you!
~me

Gallamore West said...

Oh my goodness, these look fabulous!! Sorry you had a rough week... hopefully this week is better!
xo,
Laurie :)

Paula said...

What a sweet son you have to make a treat for you on a day when you really needed it. They look really good.

Hope this week is better for you.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These look delicious. Thank goodness for your wonderful family, hubby and friends. Thinking of you!

Christine said...

I think I just gained a pound looking at these delicious cakes.

Sometimes we just need chocolate!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Sorry to hear you had a storm to weather, Wendy. Hope you made it through okay with help from your friends and family and those scrumptious looking cakes. I'm a comfort eater. Not sure anyone else would have gotten a bite!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Wendy! Glad to see you've made it through a rough patch. God's Grace is most sufficient!
...and then He gives us chocolate.
Praise Him! Pat

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity