Friday, August 19, 2011

Chicken Bruschetta (a knife and fork sandwich)...


The other day Tony said he misses cooking for Foodie Friday....Hello....so do I (miss Tony's Foodie Friday posts)! So, Tony is hijacking Relatively Unique today and cooking a knife and fork sandwich....Chicken Bruschetta!

Here's......Tony.....

I love Summer Cooking, it is almost as good as cooking in the Fall!! It is good to be back cooking for you all!!
This is a new, Chicken Bruschetta Knife and Fork Sandwich, hope you like it!
Marinate your Chicken in store bought Italian dressing with a couple dashes of Balsamic Vinegar, salt, pepper, and some Olive oil for 30 minutes.

The Bruschetta Topping is like this:
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
 1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
4 plum Tomatoes, diced small
6 Basil Leaves, sliced very thin
1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
S&P to taste
Toss all together


 Pre-Heat your Panini Grill, or regular grill
Brush bread with oil,
I used regular Amoroso's Steak Rolls (from Philly) place on grill to lightly toast
You can also use Pita or whatever bread you have on hand. 

 Slice grilled chicken into strips.
Once bread is toasted, top with Spring Mix Salad Greens, and then the Chicken

Top with:
 Store bought Roasted Red Peppers (sliced thin)
 Bruschetta topping and one tsp shredded Parmesan cheese.
I like to serve them with fresh Carrot sticks.

Serve Warm and Enjoy!!

Excited to be linking to Foodie Friday!

Tony

7 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Wendy this looks so good. I'll be trying this one soon. My hubby would love it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Warmly, ~Melissa

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

Loves this recipe...so simple too. Thanks for sharing. When we were featured in the magazine we had to submit three recipes. Mikes brushetta was the chosen one, so that tells you how much we love it.

Christine said...

Tony, Tony, Tony...
My mouth is watering.

Flamingo said...

sigh. no matter how i hard i try mine will never taste or look this good..usually you lose me on a dash of this and a "bit" of that:)

hope it was good:)

ButterYum said...

Bravo Tony - my kind of food!! I'll take it to go.

:)
ButterYum

Paula said...

This looks so very good!

Midcenturymadam said...

I'm going out to the garden right now and pick some tomatoes and basil for tonight's bruschetta! I think I may need to invest in a panini grill as well. The photos are beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity