Friday, July 29, 2011

Mud Room Update....

I had high hopes of accomplishing so many projects this summer...ha ha!! Jokes on me. I feel more like I am in slow motion...I am blaming it on the sun! This project started over a month ago.

The only part of the project left to finish are the curtains....I'll share more about this dilemma later!


This is my favorite change to the Mud Room...the shelves.
I love them! Tony and I built them together...
We made a video of us building them,
but I promised him I wouldn't post it!
It might have won the comedy award of the year.

The Laundry sign I purchased from Susie Harris
almost 2 years ago...one of my favorite signs!
The "We are Open" sign hangs to the right of
the dryer....
the other side says "We are Closed"
How I would love to shut this room down
some days!

The baskets are awesome....
all the needed laundry stuff is
hidden inside.

My grandfather was a true treasure hunter!
Whenever he found an old cigar box, he would
purchase it for Lil Tony to store his baseball cards.
He gave this box to us 2 days before he passed away.
It is the perfect size for fabric softeners.
Makes me smile every day!
I don't know about you, but our washer runs everyday!

With keeping it pretty...
the dog treats are stored in a glass candy jar
and
their moist food in the basket!
You can read about their dry food here.

This tray was a $3.00 find at my favorite antique store...
it got a face lift and some scrap paper for the bottom.
The Iron Stone pitcher holds some zinnia's we planted from seed.

The dresser has been a wonderful addition to this room.
The drawers add the much needed space we need.
I am still in the process of organizing them...


So....here is what it looks like today...
and the dilemma is...

Curtains....
Should I do half length?
Which means we would add a counter...
but the cords get in the way of a counter..
and what color counter?

Or should I do full length curtains...
maybe in white....
or maybe in a funky graphic design? 

If full length, I would probably keep them
open, so one could see the shelves.

What are your thoughts?



I opened the side door and stepped outside to get
better picture of the dresser...
and the humidity was awful...
fogged up the camera lens...
although I kind of like the picture!

So there is the latest up date on the Mud Room...
I'll keep ya posted!

9 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

I love it!! You are making that house into such a wonderful home!!!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

oh Wendy it is fabulous! I really love the cigar box, very cool it was given to you.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Now this is a place where I would love to do laundry!! Martina

Kim said...

It looks amazing Wendy. You really worked your magic in there. It was unbearably hot here today. I'm ready for Fall!
xoxo,
Kim

At The Picket Fence said...

That is beyond gorgeous! Every single detail is wonderful and you have done such a great job with this space. :-) I love the cigar box and I'm pretty sure I have the same slate floors in my laundry room!
Vanessa

Christine said...

It's so grand, that you could invite Princess Kate over for tea!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Ok! I'll answer your question.

I don't think I'd do full curtains... because it's so pretty now. Why hide it? Full curtains would tempt you to not keep it pretty. IMO...
Half curtains could be done; even with a counter-- your sweet hubby would just use a hole saw and cut holes in the back of the counter to accomodate your plugs...and there are 'plugs' or caps to fit those holes too,like in the backs of computer desks...you know? to dress the hole. Since you mentioned your plugs... I noticed right off ...that they fade out of sight really with the sign placement and the glass jar and flower vase. They really don't even stick out too much for my taste.

Looks great! I want to come to your house and do laundry! LOL...

Pat

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Love, Love, Love your room! I don't think you could go wrong either way... long or short curtain! I must say, i do think I would enjoy the video of you and tony building your fantastic shelves! Love the cigar box and the story behind it..... what a treasure!
Dee Dee

Paula said...

You certainly have a lovely place to do laundry. I don't think you need curtains at all. I do think a counter would be helpful as a folding area.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity