Friday, July 1, 2011

Mud Room, Part 100

Part 100, that is what it feels like sometimes. I wish I was the kind of person who completes a project and lives with it forever but I am not. It seems this brain of mine is always thinking of something new. The mudroom was never completely finished and it has been driving me crazy!! When someone visits they enter through our mudroom door and even though two walls look pretty the washer and dryer corner is pretty scary!!

You do know there is going to be a part 200 to this story, right? Just thought I should prepare you....

Remember how much I love the color Gravity by Valspar? I decided to use one shade darker for the laundry room corner, Metropolis by Valspar. Oh, how I love thee! This color is beautiful! I actually walked around the house with my paintbrush last night trying to figure out where else I could add this color. This part was scaring Tony....a lot!

Did you spy the change I made since the last time you saw the mud room?

This dresser was in Miss Sarah's room and it's matching dresser was in the garage.
Shame....a beautiful dresser should not be sitting in the garage.
So, the furniture switcheroo started....tall dresser to Sarah....
small dresser to the mud room and bench to the garage!
Everyone is happy and I love having three drawers in the mudroom.
Drawer One: junk drawer (we needed one of these drawer!)
Drawer Two: hats, mittens, umbrella's, etc...
Drawer Three: Gift wrapping supplies

Top of dresser: sun screen as a reminder to all of us to apply before we leave!
My plan is to paint the dresser black, hopefully this weekend!

Aren't these the cutest candles?
I am going to be sad when summer is over and I have to pack them away.

And here is my $5.00 picture,
turned chalkboard.

Here is the before photo....part 99, I guess!

Looks like this weekend we will be adding shelves!
It feels soooo good to have a project!
I have missed this part of my life!

How about you, any projects planned for the weekend?

13 comments:

alison said...

it's looking lovely...and i do agree...no project/room is ever completely finished...there always seems to be room for improvement...love the soft greys you chose for wall colors too!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I love the changes you have made! That dresser is just perfect for the space and what a great place to stash stuff away. The new wall color in the nook is great too. And don't even get me started on those candles. I need them!! :)

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Your mud room is great. I do love those little candles too. Happy 4th to you and your family.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

looking good Wendy. I love the chest there and the bench.

DecorandtheDog said...

Ummm, I'm loving Metropolis!!!

Gayle said...

I'm working on my mud room now as well. Love your idea of curtains over the washer and dryer, I never thought of that! I will have to check back and see how it looks. I too keep reminding myself it all takes time.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are the cutest little candles! Your mud room is so pretty!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love it! Really love the color and the touches of white and black.

And the mirror window? Love.

The DIY Show Off said...

It's looking beautiful! I know what you mean...we're on our kitchen remodel part 100. ;)

Looking forward to seeing the reveal!

Roeshel

Leslie said...

Wendy!
I like the dresser as it is, actually :)
The color is pretty and warm. Or could you paint it a dark gray instead of black?
I found a post for you featuring a laundry room laid out just like yours...thought it might inspire you some more towards Part 250.
http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2011/04/small-laundry-room-style.html
I love you!
~me

Leslie said...

Oh! The candles! Are they made by the same sweet lady that made my muffin one?

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Your mudroom is fantastic! I love the colors and the accents you have brought in and are planning to add!
Dee Dee

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Love your mudroom, part 100 is a good one! The dresser is fabulous there and I think it looks great unpainted.
Londen

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity