Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Ours....

In my brother's neighborhood  the cottages have names and the name hangs proudly on the porch. Some of the names date back to when the original cottage was built, even back to the 1800's. Isn't that so cool. One afternoon when strolling the streets we saw a cottage named "Happy Ours"....Since seeing this cottage  name, Tony and I on occasion will joke about "happy ours"....

Then the othere day we discovered the previous owners left some old wood in the back of the garage...chippy...old wonderful wood.....


I grabbed my paints and used the Cricut to cut a stencil....


Don't you love free projects?

In case you are wondering....
Mark and Kelly named their cottage
"Second Chances"
and made a sign this winter...


Making signs can become addicting...
here is Kelly's latest....


Hope you are enjoying your
"Happy Our"!

6 comments:

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Happy Ours! I love it.
It makes me think of 1/2 price drinks at the drive thru!
Grape slushes and all!

I love your sign too.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

The signs look great and authentic.

Natasha in Oz said...

Wendy that's brilliant! I love it too. I will toast your "Happy Ours" at my "Happy Hour" tonight!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Very nice signs! I didn'tknow you could make your own stencils, not that I will ever be doing that, but still. Thanks for the info. I will come to you when Ineed a stencil made!

Made In The South said...

How cute!
What a great way to use that old wood and make it Happy Ours.
We could never agree on a name for our camp. One day on FB, I put that we were going to "The little house in the big woods" and it stuck. All my friends call it that now.
Hope ya have a great weekend,
Melissa

dee dee said...

Happy Ours.......
Wendy I just love it!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity