Sunday, July 31, 2011

Flower Boxes, Beds and Blue....

This year we planted the impatiens in the window boxes late.
We think planting them late has been to our benefit.
They are holding up nicely in the heat of July!

To keep it simple we planted impatiens in the tin buckets
along the steps.
They have filled in so nicely!


Do you remember what this garden looked like last September?
It has been so much fun watching the plants bloom.
We are getting spoiled with having fresh cut flowers
in the house....

We did plant some herb....
well you know I am married to a chef!
And sauce always tastes better with
fresh herbs (and a little red wine)!

We have two Blueberry bushes and
added the zinnia seeds for color...

Snap dragon's bring back wonderful childhood memories
of my grandmother's house.
These are from my mom....
I'll have to ask if they came from my grandmother's house?

Miss Sarah was my side kick in the flower garden today...
she has chicken coup fever....
I'll explain later...
As we were sitting in the grass to get our pictures....
We noticed Tony and Lily playing tennis...
Lily would do this all day!
(I am sure you spied the tennis balls in the garden
in the previous picture!)

And of course...
Blue is doing what he does best...
Basking in the sun!

Thinking a nap sounds good right about now, too!

Enjoy your Sunday!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Window boxes and Impatiens go together in the most perfect way. Just like basking in the sun while napping.

Pine Tree Home said...

beautiful yard. i am all about naps right now too!

Paula said...

Your flowers look so nice. I love Impatiens and haven't grown any in years as I don't have much shade. I love that they bloom and bloom until the frost kills them.

Stuff and Nonsense said...

is there anything lovelier than fresh summery blooms? yours look lush and colorful.

alison

Comeca Jones said...

Beautiful

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Those impatients look fabulous. I think I need to try those next year.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
your flowers and gardens are so inspiring and beautiful! I can't remember, did you and Tony make the flower boxes or purchase them? We are wanting to add one under Zac's bedroom window on the front of the house! I hope you are enjoying your summer!
Dee Dee

corners of my life said...

chicken coup fever?
Just wondering - will stay tuned . . .

Made In The South said...

LOL...I did see those tennis balls and was wondering what you used them for...
Your garden is beautiful, I love to add things that remind me of days gone by.
It is so hot here that my garden is looking a bit haggy,and no cooler weather in site. But not complaining, beats getting a hurricane.
Melissa

Made In The South said...

Congrads!
You are one of my Friday Fabulous Four.
Drop by for a visit,
Melissa

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity