Friday, June 10, 2011

Into the blue sky...

I wonder what my kids will be when they grow up. Tony has a love for science and how things work. For his birthday my parents got him a rocket kit. He followed the directions and built the rocket, now it is time to fly it into the blue sky. This part requires the assistance of a parent (and maybe one Lily)...

 If you notice the directions are close by....

 Not sure if the directions are being used....

 After, lets say a good 15 minutes, I have decided to go take a seat...

 I am thinking this might take awhile...

 Hurray...they have realized those directions are a useful tool....

 Lets get a closer to see what they are trying to figure out...


 Getting the parachute and engine in the rocket is a little bit more difficult then they thought....

 Looks like they are ready...

 Setting up the remote control launcher....
 And we are off...

 Into the blue sky....

Now they are trying to figure out what they can launch with the rocket...
(Sarah...you better hide your stuffed animals)

7 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Wendy that is a great project! HE looks like he really liked it. My hubbby would enjoy that. I'll have to look into getting him one too.

Stay cool! ~Melissa

Melissa Miller said...

Oops. I didn't mean to write he in all caps. Lol! :)

At The Picket Fence said...

Would you believe that my 8 year old got almost the exact same rocket kit from my parents for his birthday??!! :-) Sounds like our boys are 2 peas in a pod as lovers of science and mechanics!
Vanessa

Katie said...

So fun!! My nephew would love something like that!

Made In The South said...

Aww that is so sweet, and what a great bithday present.
They never want to read the directions around here and then yell for me to help them. First thing I do...read the directions!
Have a great weekend,
Melissa

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Oh Wendy this brings back memories...we had one of these. Finally shot off and never came back...LOL...we think it landed in a tree.

corners of my life said...

I love success stories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity