Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dreaming of a shade garden...

Today we went on a walk in search of some inspiration. Last week we (the fence people) installed a privacy fence....the fence created the perfect place for a shade garden.

Here are some ideas we found....

We want to make a path to nowhere...

Maybe it would lead you to a bench...

a place to read a book or take a nap....

the path to nowhere might be edged with stone...

and if you are lucky enough you might see a baby bird taking its first flight...

Here are some more ideas via  BHG....





Would you like to see the fence?

Here is the before:

And the after...

It might not get started till next year...but it is fun to dream!

9 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nice fence and a shade garden would be so pretty.

Jane Doe said...

I love the fence! It creates a beautiful outdoor room!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I always think a fence makes things looks so cozy. Lots of hosta, coral bells, daylilies, bleeding heart, astilbe, and ferns will do great!

Leslie said...

OH! I love your new fence. Your yard actually looks BIGGER! Weird, huh? We got a fence a few years ago and love the privacy, protection, and noise reduction- not to mention, no more trespassing.
I am glad you showed us!
HUGS!
~me

corners of my life said...

This project will be so fun to watch as it develops.

Stacey said...

You and I think alike. We do have a path to nowhere and it's one of my favorite features in the yard. You could do lots of hostas. There are so many varieties and they are fun to mix up.

Comeca Jones said...

The photos made me close my eyes and feel a slight cool breeze and I heard the swaying of oak trees. Cant wait til you get started so we can follow along.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Ooo... I'm excited to see what you choose. We have much less sun at our new house, so I need to learn to shade garden.

The fence is fabulous!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

i'm dying to do a little vegetable garden myself...

kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity