Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dad's in charge....

Last night when saying prayers with the kids, they were excited to have dad off of work and home with them on Wednesday. When I asked what they were most excited about, they all said it was going to be a great day...filled with fun! Lil Tony's exact words were, "you know we won't be bored." 

Off to work I go and Dad is home in charge....
 During the day I received a phone call stating they were headed to the store
to buy a new baseball bat for Lil' Tony.
They got the baseball bat....

and a paddle boat....
sits four people...
cup holders...
roof...

Never a dull moment with dad....

10 comments:

Jane Doe said...

I love it! Great idea!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Look how great your pond is looking! I think that paddle boat was greatly needed. How fantastic they can paddle around the little pond. Way to go Dad!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh yay! a paddle boat.
I love those things. Haven't been in one since I was a kid. But you know... I think the kids my be on to something, No boredom with DAD and a paddle boat!
...and the baseball bat? They could use it as an extra paddle if they get caught up in the weeds!

Love it! Pat

Paula said...

That paddle boat is going to provide hours of fun for the entire family. You have such a pretty piece of property!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Good ol' Tony!

Made In The South said...

WoW what a trip to the store with dad!
I am sure they will spend many hours in that this summer. Looks like the dog is really enjoying the pond as well.
Let me know when you are ready to get chickens...I have lots of info to share. We order our from a farm in New Mexico. People can not get over that they arrive in the mail.
Enjoy your holiday weekend,
Melissa

Christine said...

Did you christen the paddle boat "Bat"?

corners of my life said...

I can picture date night in that little boat . . .
children no where in sight
wine in hand
sunset a moment away
gentle rocking of the water
hmmmmmmm

Karen said...

Everybody loves Dad! :) But seriously, I remember the day Chris's parents picked up their paddleboat, Kyle was about 3 months old, and we still use it ALL THE TIME! I will be posting pics today of all the kids last week, still enjoying the water on that little blue boat! Have so much fun with yours!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
How fun! I guess bat and boat both start with B, I could see how easily it would be to get confused!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity