Sunday, May 29, 2011

Porch Sale...

Do you remember last year when we attended the porch sale in an adorable cottage community where my brother lives? Well, it was that time again! Before I share my treasures come and stroll the streets with us....

A place where the street signs are marked on the trees....
and no cars are allowed!
There is something peaceful about walking along
 shade filled streets...

Last year I shared pictures of the cottages,
this year I though you might like to see some
of the community buildings...

The Library...

The Community Center...

The Gift Shop...


The ice cream parlor...
appropriately named....
The Jigger Shop

If you don't feel like cooking you can enjoy breakfast here...
(a great place to purchase local paintings)

And of course pizza here...

Shall we get back to the porch sales...

Today was a good day...
found a $5.00 chair to relax in by the pond...

Creamer and sugar bowl...
with a set of 4 cups and saucers for $5.00...
this cup is sitting on my syllabus for my current class!
This little tea cup helped to relieve some
stress and anxiety this morning!


The chalkboard fell the other day and broke...
I found this picture and frame for $5.00.
Planning to paint the frame white and the
cover the picture with chalk board paint.
For now I am kind of enjoying the picture!
(It is a strange picture,
we've been making up stories about it)
Seems like $5.00 was the price of the day!
Hope you had fun this weekend and found
some treasures in your day!!

Come and join me over at Southern Hospitality for more
fun thrifty treasures!

12 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

The tea cup and cream and sugar bowl I love!!!

corners of my life said...

Is that little boy at the sale asleep on the job?

Katie said...

Such a cute town!

Rene said...

Love the shady walk Wendy. I caught a glimpse of Rhododendron - gorgeous! So sorry about your chalk board :(

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

If you think of it, let me know when that porch sale is next year, Wendy! Thanks!

Pondside said...

What a beautiful concept for a community. I had to go back and read last years post and that took me to the one about moving-in day.
Great finds!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Wendy, What a pretty and charming place. Looks like you found some great things at the sale.
xo,
Sherry

Pam said...

What a pretty town. I love that chair. You found some cool things.

Jane Doe said...

Great finds! Give me a heads up next year before the porch sales!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh what fun you must of had! Love your new treasures!!!!!

stephanie said...

Great pictures Wendy! One of my favorite places! So much charm in that little village.

Leann said...

Hi Wendy

What a sweet little community. Love the cream and sugar and matching tea cup - soo sweet.

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Leann

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity