Friday, April 8, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

Hello Friends!

I don't know where this week went? It seems as if yesterday was Monday and here it is Friday already.  Spring is always a busy time of year for us, spring sports, dance recitals, field trips, ending the school year, planning for the summer and starting college again. Did you catch that last one? Yep, I will officially be a college student again next week.  One year to go! 

Meals need to be simple and easy for us. Do you feel like sometimes in the hustle and bustle it is meal time that sacrifices? I do. We are trying to plan meals which can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator or frozen until needed!  There is nothing better than knowing on a busy night that I have a good healthy dinner in the refrigerator which can be placed in the oven and done in 20 minutes!

Spaghetti Pie is one of those meals. Sometimes I'll make a double batch and we'll eat one and freeze one for later! It is one of my favorite time savers...double a recipe and freeze one for later!


Ingredients:
8oz Spaghetti noodles cooked
2 Tbls Margarine
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning (or to taste)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce or 2 cups of homemade spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Step 1:
Combine cooked spaghetti noodles, margarine, Parmesan cheese and eggs. Form the spaghetti mixture into a crust in a buttered 9 or 10 inch pan.

Step 2:
Mix cottage cheese and Italian seasonings. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.

Step 3:
Pour spaghetti sauce over the cottage cheese and edges of crust.

Step 4:
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pie.

Step 5:
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy!!

13 comments:

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

I know what you mean... the end of the school year feels almost as busy as Christmas time! I love spaghetti pie, especially when the noodles get slightly crispy. Good luck with college- how exciting for you!

Love the Decor! said...

I posted this on my blog recently too!! Love it

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You are one busy lady. That looks good and have fun studying.

Pine Tree Home said...

I ask for this every birthday! Great dish.

Atelier de Charo said...

A great recipe!

Xoxo
Charo

Paula said...

Congratulaions on going back to school!

I love a simple recipe like this. I'm copying right now to make next week.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

This looks great!! I like your idea about making two and freezing one for later. Congrats on going back to school!!

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats on your school endeaver Wendy!

The recipe looks very delicious. I think spaghetti may be my all time favorite food. Yum!
I crave it more than sugar.

Warmly, ~Melissa

Rita May said...

I have all these ingredients! I'll make it tomorrow.
Thanks!
Rita

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I am always looking for easy, make ahead meals for our crazy busy life! This looks like something the whole family would love!

What are you going to school for? Can't wait to hear all about it!
Dee Dee

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

We've made this, too. YUMMY!

Rita May said...

I made this last night for dinner. It was very tasty. I added 1/2 pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed to the cottage cheese mixture and a bit of garlic salt and pepper. I even used the same Longaberger casserole as you did. It was the perfect size. Thanks for the idea!
Cheers!
Rita

nannykim said...

We have been trying to stay off of the cheese--but my hubby has to have spaghetti several times a week! without cheese

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity