Tuesday, April 12, 2011

On the move...

Last Friday I was off work!
and it rained...
all day!

What is a girl to do but...
play the radio too loud,
sing along,
and
move her family room furniture around!

Wow! Am I exciting or what! Just kidding of course!

My goal is to try to find a new place for the sofa....

Trying to make it work under the single window....
Lily and Blue had to be right under my feet...
just like two little kids!

The sofa felt too far away from the television...
maybe under the large window would be the better option...

Liking the sofa under the window, but
wanted to see what a chair looks like beside the sofa...
Blue wanted to give the sofa a test under the window...

Blue is liking the sofa under the large window...
perfect viewing of the neighbors barn cats!

Final move...

Removed the rug..
for now....

Tomorrow I think I'll go accessory shopping in
my home to change things up!

How about you...
do you feel the need to rearrange your furniture...
how about your accessories?

Makes it feel like a new room!

14 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, you know I am always changing things up here. Looks good.

Melissa Miller said...

This looks lovely this way Wendy! I think that is so cute how your doggies got in on the action. Sweet! *Smiles* Love it!

Warmly, ~Melissa

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Wendy I love to change things around!! Love your change! Martina

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Hi Wendy, I like the sofa in its new spot- it always kills me to see dogs looking out the window because they resemble nosy neighbors! I love changing things around in my house, too. I also just took the area carpet out of my family room, and I think I'll leave it that way for the summer months. Your wooden floors are beautiful! - Yvonne

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I like the change, and yes always and forever changing:) Have fun shopping in your house!

Christine said...

Rainy day fun!
Do you sit in every seat, to try out the view?
Looks like Blue has a new perch.

FromTheHeartsOf said...

That looks great!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Your room looks so warm and inviting! Hopefully this weekend you will have a minute or two to cuddle up with Blue and enjoy all your hard work!
Dee Dee

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I really like the curtains you chose in the room. And those sofas are just awesome. So neat!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I like it!
and yes... I do get an idea to move things around occasionally.

Pamela said...

Wendy Blue has gotten so big!!! Love the new arrangement! Trying to figure out a new one for ours once we get the flooring done. I see you have horizontal flooring. Was it original to the house or did you do it and do you like it?? Hubby thought I was crazy when I said I wanted to lay ours horizontal.

Kim said...

Looks awesome WEndy!~ I'm making your spaghetti pie for dinner tonite. The kids are going to love it! I even made my own sauce.
Hope your week is off to a good start.
xoxo,
Kim

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I thought I had commented but I guess not! I absolutely love the new layout and look of your living room! It feels so inviting - the way a living room should feel. And Blue is looking right at home :)

Love the Decor! said...

Like the change and I love that cedar chest!! I have one that was my parents (they got it with the purchase of the wedding rings) It is a "to do" project when the weather warms a bit
Happy Easter to you and your family also!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity