Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oreo Surprise Cupcakes...

Last weekend we spent Saturday evening with friends and it was our turn to bring dessert. We are loving Chocolate desserts this month and cupcakes are always good for easy travel.  The kids were excited that the cupcakes have a secret oreo inside....we were sworn to secrecy and not to tell anyone at the party!

Ingredients:
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1 pkg (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1 egg
2 Tbsp. sugar
48 Mini Oreo Bite size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 1/2 cup whipped topping
Step 1:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepared cake mix in a large mixing bowl as directed by package (set aside).

Step 2:
Mix softened cream cheese, egg and sugar in small bowl until well blended.

Step 3:
Scoop 1/4 cup of cake batter into each 24 paper (or foil) lined medium muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full.
Step 4:
Spoon 1/2 Tbsp. of cream cheese mixture over batter and top with 1 cookie. Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.

Step 5:
Bake 19-22 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.

Step 6
Top cupcakes with whipped topping and cookies just before serving.
Makes 24 cupcakes. (recipe adapted from Kraftfoods)

Enjoy!

Happy to be joining Suzanne at You made that? for Sunday Spotlight.

24 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Wendy, those look delicious! So, do you hear my printer just printing away? This recipe is a keeper! Thank you for sharing. I read your bio, it's really neat that you and your husband share so much fun together and were HS sweethearts! That is awesome.

Nancy

Love the Decor! said...

Yum!! I just made some the other day with choc chips instead of the oreos!!

So I say...Living Life to the Fullest said...

Those look soooo good. Maybe I'll try making them some time.

Paula said...

Boy do these look good! I'm sure that they were a big hit!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, those sure look good. Just pass me one through the screen, please.

Suzanne said...

these look sinfully good! I've been seeing oreo cake recipes on food blogs and wanted to try them out. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.

Melanie said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! :)

ann@Apples and Twinkies said...

These look so good. I love oreo anything. I know my family would love these!

Christine said...

I always get so excited when I see a new cupcake recipe. Love that it has a surprise in the middle.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Wendy these are delish!!~ I love oreo ANYTHING..I am bookmarking these..thanks.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a fun idea!! And delicious too :)

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

So pretty and sound great. I wish you had taken a picture of the inside...the the oreo turn soft and gushy or remain hard. It sounds fabulous either way...just curious!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Oh my, that's why you need to proofread...
So pretty and soundS great
and
DOES the oreo turn soft...
:)

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I will need to make these, how very yummy! I love the photos... You have such a great talent with your camera!
Dee Dee

Atelier de Charo said...

A delicious recipe!

Besos
Charo

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh yum! My hubby and son are Oreos obsessed so they would just love these! :-)
Vanessa

Melissa Miller said...

Wendy they look so delicious! Love the cookie on top.

Flamingo said...

holy cow!! these look insanely yummy!!

corners of my life said...

Mini-oreos? Who knew?
These ingredients are on my shopping list. Wish I could have one right now - for breakfast.

Made In The South said...

Oh I think that I have gained five pounds just reading this post. LOL
I will surely be trying these out!
Thanks for sharing,
Melissa

Allison @ Quaint Oaks said...

These look incredible! Anything with an Oreo hiding inside is okay in my book! I'm not much of a baker but this is something I would definitely be willing to try!

Sara said...

Oh my! These look fabulous! I'm totally craving some of these now!

Jane Doe said...

I made these and they were wonderful! Thanks for the recipe!

sophie wilkinson said...

These look yummy i put vanilla icing and crumbled oreo on top though. such a great recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity