Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oreo Cake...

We are on a chocolate, chocolate chip, Oreo dessert fix here at Relatively Unique! It is also why I am having a love / hate relationship with my treadmill....but well worth it! This cake is delicious....Lil T made it for Sunday dinner and we only had a few slices left over to bring home.

Ingredients
Cake:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
30 Chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (we used Oreo's)

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2-6 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla

Step 1
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Step 2
Cream softened butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended in a mixer bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk, mix until well blended.

Step 3
Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend until batter is smooth about 3-4 minutes.

Step 4
Pour two-thirds of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle two-thirds of cookie pieces over batter. Top with remaining batter and top batter evenly with remaining cookie pieces.

Step 5
Bake 45 minutes and then reduce oven to 325 degrees F. Finish baking cake until a cake skewer comes out clean, approximately 15-20 minutes.  Cool 10 minutes in pan before turning cake out onto a serving plate.

Step 6
Glaze: Whisk confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla in a small bowl until a drizzly glaze. Drizzle over top of cake with a fork. Let glaze set.


Here is a little tip from Lil Tony on how to prevent the Oreo's from sinking to the bottom of the cake!





Can't wait to see what he wants to bake next! Although I just found out the Kitchen Aid mixer has an ice cream attachment....thinking that it could be dangerous! Happy Baking!

Join me over at Foodie Friday ,  Sweet Tooth Friday @ Alli n Son  and You Made That
for some more great recipes!



Recipe adapted from A Passion for Baking

22 comments:

Made In The South said...

Just wanted you to know my sons graduation is just a few months away...if I keep trying your yummy Oreo stuff, I'll never lose a pound. HAHA
Looks like ya'll have been having fun in the kitchen.

Martina said...

That looks soooo yummy!! Martina

Leslie said...

He is stinkin' cute! Mr. T, can you please come to my house and make a cake for me?
He is a natural baker, you know that?
I was amazed at his method!
Neat, precise and professional!
Loved this!
I will have to make this and will let you and Mr. T. know when I do, m'kay?
HUGS!
~me

Gallamore West said...

Two of my favorite things together in one cake... yum!!! Looks great! And thank you for following Gallamore West!
xo,
Laurie :)

Paula said...

This looks so very good! I'll bet that it didn't last too long!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Oh my heavens. Looks absolutely yummy! Tell Tony thanks for the tips!

dee dee said...

Looks like someone is taking after his daddy! Wendy now I'm really green with envy, two chefs in the family...I'd have to jog in place all day long to keep up with all that great food! What a blessing! My kids would gobble this down in one sitting!
Dee Dee

Love the Decor! said...

Thanks a lot : )
going to get the ingredients now
I guess I need to go an extra mile on the treadmill now too : ))

Jane Doe said...

OOOH, I can't wait to make this!

DecorandtheDog said...

Do you deliver?? :)

Pamela said...

I soo love that Lil' Tony loves cooking and baking! My oldest does to but we don't do enough of it. He calls Paula his lady!:) You are abt to kill me with all these yummy deserts!

Melissa Miller said...

Oh he is good at this! Love the looks of this cake Wendy and the video is cute too. Yum!

I featured your blog on my latest post. I hope it's okay with you.

Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, my!! I'm drooling. Looks delicious and like lots of fun was enjoyed in the process!

The Lucky Wife said...

Fellow SITS girl leaving some comment love! Saw this at Foodie Friday... wow, looks delicious. I LOVE oreos so had to come check it out.

ButterYum said...

Are you kidding me? He's a natural!!! Bravo Lil Tony!!

:)
ButterYum

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, shut up! That cake looks incredible! I want, I want, I want! Thanks for posting this!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Oh man, this looks heavenly!

I'd like to invite you to share this recipe with my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there.
http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/31/toffee-snickerdoodle-cookies/

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Wendy,
This oreo cookie infused coffee cake look and sound like it is just heavenly! But your little baker takes the cake! He is quite the professional, and I can see that he has baked before. He knows how to use a spatula. The cake is a keeper, but so is he! Darling!!!!!
Please tell your baker I was VERY impressed and he has such camera presence!
Delightful visit!
Yvonne

Jess said...

So. I'm making this cake tonight at my husband's request. I'll be taking it down to his sector so all the guys can have some...I don't need to leave it here, I'll eat it all myself. :)

Suzy said...

Whoa....that looks good. I know my hubby would love it.

Marelie said...

Oh please..I love anything with Oreo. I am your newest follower. My name is Marelie from www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Suzanne said...

oh dear, this cake looks so delicious! I just love your baking recipes, thanks for sharing Wendy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity