Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A multipurpose room....

Do you have a room which your guests will see, but you wish they didn't? It is called our side entrance. Our front door is inconvenient and out of the way for our guests to use, therefore all company comes in through the side entrance. This little room is used as the foyer, laundry room, mud room and coat room. As you can imagine, if you come on laundry day you will be asked to jump over large mountains of laundry and maybe need to do an obstacle course around some backpacks, boots and coats. Today, I cleaned it up for you and hid the laundry!

Here we are on moving day on Sept 9, 2010....

(and I am still loving my front loading washer and dryer!)

Here we are at Xmas 2010....

Here we are today March 1st.....
The biggest change is the wall color, Gravity by Valspar. I am in love with this color and trying to control myself to not paint the whole house Gravity. You can see the color in the den, here. I moved some pictures around and the mirror is from our old house, I just repainted it black!  You can find the before picture of the mirror, here.

You can read about how I turned this galvanized trash can into our Dog Food can, here. It was a fun and easy project! It looks so much better than the plastic white container we used in our old home. The $5.00 rug I found at a porch sale last summer in the cottage town my brother lives in. Can't wait for that sale again this year!

This multipurpose room isn't large and if I pivot ever so slightly to look at the other wall you will see the side door and the new chalkboard I made for $5.00!


A project in our home never seems complete, so to keep it real here is the laundry part of the room and the "to do" list to accompany it! Since we moved to a smaller house, every square inch needs to be multifunctional. This room is right beside the kitchen and when finished the extra counter space will work nice as a drink station when entertaining!


The newest purpose for this little room is as the telephone room. It seems to be the place everyone hides with the phone! As I was sitting on the bench the other day and looking at the kitchen, I was thinking french doors would look nice going into the kitchen....(just thinking!)


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come and join me at Kim's Wow us Wednesday party!

15 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, what a nice mud room. I hate for people to see my garage. They don't usually, but every once in a while my husband will take someone out that way instead of the front door and I just want to shoot him if it isn't family. Thanks for joining the party this week.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wendy,
Looking good...I’m having a GIVEAWAY…so hop and enter to WIN!

Blessings,
Linda

stephanie said...

I can totally see the french doors!! Get busy girl! And I just picked up that paint sample the other day, I might paint the hallway Gravity. I am so over the red!!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I think you have an awesome mudroom. I love your dog food can, I think I do remember it from some time ago. Thanks Wendy for your sweet comment.

Pine Tree Home said...

You have a lot of great use of space in this room. I think building a counter top would be an awesome addition and multipurpose as you intended.

Beverly said...

Wendy you did a beautiful job.. I love the paint color too. My mudroom is mess..It is small.. now I shut the door but it would be easier to get around in if we took the door off.. one day.. got to finish the master bedroom first. Yours could be in a magazine. BTW.. french doors would be nice..

Karen said...

You know how I love french doors, but I am even more excited about your "drink station" plan. I think your side entry/ foyer/ mud room/ phone station looks great already, I can't wait to see it after the next transformation!

Connie Wallace said...

I love the black bench. You did a great job organizing everything!
Connie
(the crafterbug)

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Beautiful, Wendy!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What a great room! We are trying to plan for a similar room at our new place, and I may be borrowing some of your great ideas! I've seen the counter placed over the front loaders before and think that is such a fantastic idea! Love it!
Dee Dee

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love this room! And the color. I'm thinking that Valspar Gravity may be my bathroom color choice.

The Uncluttered Lifestyle said...

Very nice mudroom. Love the wall color you chose.

Jena @ Involving Color said...

I LOVE how your mudroom turned out! Really stunning. Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.

Shelly said...

Looks great. Love that you have a carpet in this room. :)

Leslie said...

Still love this space!
I just pinned it to my Pinterest Place, LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity