Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mr. Snappy....

The weather is changing and we are starting to focus on the outside. This weekend 15 Leyland Cypress were to be delivered on Saturday and we had a fun day planned of planting trees! (I am saying the fun planting part with sarcasm!) Well, there was a mix up at the nursery and they had the wrong size and not enough Cypress and the planting was put on hold.  We weren't too sad, because the outside "to do" list is long! 


It looks like our day will be spent down at the pond and clearing the creek....

Any guesses what is in the blue bin? Lily is waiting patiently to see...


Mr. Blue is waiting patiently on this throne to see what they have caught.


What are you thinking? I am thinking who dressed Miss Sarah today? How about that color combination!

There he is Mr. Snappy. Mr. Snappy found his way into our pond last year by a neighbor who thought we wouldn't mind. We have nothing personally against Mr. Snappy, we just don't want any of the dogs or kids to get hurt. Mr. Snappy took a car ride to the local river to hopefully enjoy a long life.

Our neighbors placed out these little beauties with a FREE sign on them.

Not sure what they will become. What would you do with two barrels?

10 comments:

Maria M. Boyer said...

I've always wanted a barrel to collect rainwater for my garden. I'd use one for that and make a picnic table out of the other.

Passed by your house one day last week (I have a friend who lives just past you). Your homestead is even prettier in person. :)

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Ummmm put beer in them and attach a spout!!~ Not sure, I can see perhaps some cool planters with numbers on them?

Steve Ballmer said...

Good blog my friend!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love the picture of the kids with the barrels.

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

Put the neighbors who put the turtle near your pond in the barrels and float them down the Susquehanny. ;)

Natasha said...

I have seen those barrels used as rainwater tanks too. They look fabulous. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and Happy St Patrick's day!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

ChRiS said...

i have 1 on my front porch i use it to put flowers on in spring and summer and also decorate it fall and winter......or you cut them in 1/2 and use as planters.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
with each photo your land keeps getting prettier and prettier! And it was stunning to start out with! I kept wondering the whole story with the turtle from you pond post as few weeks ago, now I know! I personally like Miss Sarah's ourfit, I was wondering where to get one like it myself! Let see barrels, I've seen them make great tables, esp out near bonfires, for holding food items like hotdogs, somores etc! Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Dee dee

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Those little snappers get pretty big and could maim someone or something... our neighbors cat lost a paw to a big snapper one year!
Cool barrels...

Gallamore West said...

Hi! I just found your blog. What a cute little turtle! And your dog too. I'm in awe of all that land. We're in So Cal where the weather is fabulous, but NO ONE has land like that! It's gorgeous :)

I'm your newest follower!
xo,
Laurie :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity