Friday, February 11, 2011

Skillet Lasagna

How are you doing today? We have been on a marathon painting spree here. For our friends who were wondering how long it would take us to change the paint color on the first floor, it was 149 days. With my track record, I'm feeling pretty good about waiting 149 days! Wait until you see what we painted! I'll give you a two hints...slept on it and two rooms to go! Hope to pull the finishing touches together this weekend!

A big thank you to Lindsey at Better After for featuring our bedroom! Haven't found the perfect dresser lamp yet, but still working on it. We also decided that we are going to sell the chairs (ketchup and mustard) on Craig's list and hopefully have enough to buy new ones. At least that's the plan. I am trying really hard to stay on track and complete a project (room).  One of my many down falls....staying on track.

We also want to welcome our newest followers. I am trying to make my rounds and say hi! We are happy to have you....Welcome!

Another goal of ours is to get back on track with recipes. Tony brought home some fresh berries and tells me he has a surprise for us! Can't wait to see! For today I am pinch hitting with a recipe....hope you don't mind. This is super easy and perfect for a busy night when you are short on time, but don't want to skimp on quality.

Skillet Lasagna


Ingredients:
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
1 package frozen ravioli
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 15oz carton ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach

Step 1:
Combine spaghetti sauce and water in a large skillet. Bring to boiling. Stir in ravioli. Cook, uncovered over medium heat about 5 minutes or until ravioli are almost tender, stir to prevent sticking.

Step 2:
In a medium bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Dot ravioli mixture with spinach and then spoon ricotta mixture on top of spinach. Cook, covered over low heat about 10 minutes more or until ricotta layer is set and pasta is just tender. Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan.


Served with some garlic bread.....


My kind of cooking...took about 20 minutes!

Linking to The Southern Institute making meals kids love!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, we are looking forward to some warmer temps here in Pa!
Hurray!

14 comments:

Erika . . . with a K said...

Hmmm, this looks great - and 20 minutes, I'm sold! Going to try this out next week, thanks for the idea!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Oh this is a great recipe! I love lasagna. Who could guess only 20 minutes? It's a winner for me!

Love the Decor! said...

Getting ready to take on all of that painting too!!
This quick dinner is going on my list. it looks amazing!!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

That looks really good! I'm super hungry now! :)

Can't wait to see what you guys have been painting!

Made In The South said...

WoW thats alot of painting. Can't wait to see it all finished.
I want to try that recipe, I love spinach.
That will be great to make on those nights when there is not much time.
Have a great weekend,
Melissa

heartnsoulcooking said...

Hi Wendy,
Love that this recipe is so easy!!! Love easy recipes for thoughs busy days when you're tried and want to make something that the whole family will enjoy. This one sounds like a winner!!!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting and best of all the nice comment.

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

This looks easy and delicious. I'm going to have to try it!!
Thanks.:)

Kim said...

Hey sweet friend! I haven't made lasagna in years and my kids have been begging me lately. I'm gonna try this recipe for sure!
Thanks for your visit. We are doing great.
xoxo,
Kim

My House, My Garden said...

Wow, I believe that's what is for dinner here tomorrow nite. Just found your blog. I look forward to perusing your posts!

Matrix Reimprinting said...

That lasagna looks yummy! Can't wait to cook it for Friday's dinner.

Karen said...

You are too funny! I can't wait to see all the paint, meet Blue, AND make this yummy dinner. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

dee dee said...

Wendy my dear friend,
Sorry to be so AWALL , this recipe looks soooooo yummy! ZIt seems like something I can make even with the house on the market! I'm running out of ideas that don't smell the enire house up for days on end! your photos make the meal look like it came from a top class Italian resturant!
Can't wait to see what you have painted! Your home is such an inspiration!
Dee dee

Adam and Wendy said...

That looks REALLY GOOD! :)

Jenny said...

That is brilliant! We have to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity