Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bedroom decisions...

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! We read each and every comment and when I say we, I do mean Tony and I. Tony has a good eye for decorating and he does like to have a say in how things look in the house, which is good since we both live here.  I really do value his opinion, because there were times he thought of something which I didn't. So, we read each comment and discussed all the options before deciding on the solution which we both love!

In case you missed the post, you can read the question here and this was the  photo in question...


Ta...Da...The Decision....

(accessory shopping will be on going... I have a new lamp on my wish list)

We like to think outside of the box and we are loving not having the mirror directly over the dresser. Do you know what is even better? In this mirror I can even see my shoes when I stand in front of it. I no longer have to drive Tony crazy with the "which shoe looks better" question.


Do you remember my To Do list for this room? Here is a reminder just in case you missed it.


We've tackled a few things on the list and here we are today....


Here are some before and afters....







Crown molding is next on the to do list...which is why I didn't paint to the ceiling, as you can see in the mirror...just in case you noticed!

Showing you this picture for the view of the cabinet....the chairs still need slip covered (ugh)!


Slowly but surely it is coming together!

Here are the paint colors we used...

Walls:
Sherwin William Versatile Grey

Dresser and End tables:
Sherwin William Pure White
Valspar Mocha Glaze

Cabinet:
Sherwin William Chat Room
Valspar Mocha Glaze

Thank you for visiting and for your help!
Hope you join us at Savvy Southern Style for her Boring to Better Party!

And a special thank you to my friend Leslie for helping me pull this one together!
You rock girl!

Going to leave you with one more picture....my sweet Sarah curled up on the bed as I was taking the pictures and captured her in the mirror....


Sweet Dreams....

37 comments:

Alison said...

Looks beautiful Wendy! I love the pale simplicity...very tranquil.

Mary said...

Looks really great Wendy! Fantastic job!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Love the transformation! And I really like the placement of the mirror. Much better to see full length. Great job!

Vanessa said...

It looks fantastic! Great decision!
Vanessa

stephanie said...

Girl, you always amaze me by how fast you accomplish things! Looks great Wendy!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That does look really good Wendy!!~ I love the look, it is different. What was I thinking telling you to do the mirror..that is so NOT like me LOL!!~

Midcenturymadam said...

Perfect! Your room looks terrific, like a serene retreat. Looks like your baby girl thinks so too.

ButterYum said...

I really like the way you've changed the space. Great job.

:)
ButterYum

Traci said...

I love everything about this room. The painted furniture is so updated! And I do love the mirror on the wall instead of the dresser.

Beverly said...

Love your room.. thanks for the visit today.. new follower... I'm a Nurse also.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It's looking good, Wendy. Much better than the before. I like the colors you chose. Thanks for joining the party.

MELANIE said...

Woohooo I was team Wendy! Sorry Tony. lol I'm glad you chose not to use the matching mirror over the dresser. The pictures look fantastic. And the mirror on the side looks great. I love full mirros. A cute ottoman underneath for putting on those fab shoes would be nice.

Im loving the transformation in there...so jealous Im waiting for it to warm up a little so I can start painting the nursery and bedroom.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring as always Wendy!

Terry said...

You have really improved this room and it is now so romantic and lovely. My pet peeve...maybe not yours but I take the vents off my walls and use the same color wall paint and paint them with several coats of the wall paint. Put them back up and they disappear instead of popping as white items on your wall.

Deb {Confessions of an Ugly Mom} said...

Wow.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh that turned out so pretty!
To keep the mirror or not to keep the mirror.

You both won! I looks so pretty. Didn't I just say that? Well, it was worth repeating. I bet you say it everyday when you leave that room once the bed is made up, of course.
You can admire your work from a couple of vantage points with that pretty mirror.
Great job.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I just love the choice you and Tony made together! What a great win win! This room is so soft and inspiring. I'm so happy that you and Tony decided to make your bedroom a priority this time around! Love it!
Dee Dee

Kelly Keller (Morrow) said...

Wendy - I love love what you did in your bedroom. The furniture looks so great painted! I also love the the pic with Sarah laying on the bed - so precious!! Keep posting - you inspire me! Love to you and Tony!!

corners of my life said...

Great compromise and perfect placement of the pictures and mirror.

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

You're welcome ;)
heeheehee.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Ooo... It looks so good. I love the furniture painted. What a difference!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

Whatchoo gonna do with the other mirror?

Wendy said...

Going to sell it? House is too tiny and no place to put it!

Karen said...

Looks beautiful! You two made some great choices, and I lOvE the painted furniture!

~marci said...

looks fabulous, Wendy! (and Tony :-) I might be looking at that grey for my office...

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

I think you have a beautiful and styish blog. I would love to give you a Stylish Blogger Award!
Come over to my blog and pick it up.:)

Adam and Wendy said...

I love it!!! It looks fantastic! :)

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Wow, what a difference between the Before and After photos. The Afters could be out of a catalog or magazine. Nice job, Wendy and Tony!

Natasha said...

Wendy, I really don't know what to say apart from WOW!!!!You guys have done an amazing job-it looks totally different and so very gorgeous. Well done! I hope you enjoy this divine space for many years!

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Erika . . . with a K said...

Wow, I love your room. You guys did an incredible job. It looks so peaceful and romantic. The mirror idea is genus too!

Holly Austin said...

dropping in from Better After... I love your room transformation, it looks fabulous! Very calming and relaxing :)

Claire said...

Love your bedroom-saw you on Better After-what a fab transformation-The details really pop with the paint-I'm your newest follower-stop over sometime! Claire

Tyra said...

LOVE IT! I have furniture similar to that oragey color and bought it used with the intention of painting it like yours, could you tell me how you did that? Or is there a post about it somewhere?!

Kelly said...

I am soooo glad to see this post! I have this bed, and the armoire, and I have been wanting to paint it, but sooo unsure. Now I know exactly how it will look: EXCELLENT! Thank you so much. BTW, found you through Better After.

Rene said...

Wendy, I think that I voted to keep the mirror over the dresser, but I love what you did. It makes perfect sense and it looks great too. So glad you didn't listen to me :)

-Rene

Robin W. said...

Hi Wendy - Great job on the bedroom! I also have the same broyhill fontana bedroom set and I have been wanting to paint it. Did you have to strip and sand it before painting it? Please let us know how you prepared the surface so that we can get started on our own bedroom sets!

Relax and enjoy your great bedroom!
Thank you!
Robin
http://robinsnesttreasures.blogspot.com/

uniquebedroom said...

wows.. that really unique n classic one.. di u have any tips for me??

The Bowman Family said...

Love it! Please share with us how you refinished/painted the furniture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity