Monday, January 17, 2011

What to collect....

Tony and I had the pleasure to tour a local historic home this weekend. While touring this home, the owner asked us what we collected? We found ourselves in silence and couldn't seem to think of a collection. We don't think kids toys, Wii games or dog toys count...do they? How about the collection of snow shoes and winter coats laying in a pile at the back door? Nope, don't think that counts either! Although, after touring his home we were both inspired to start collecting something...but what?

Maybe antique curling irons? (ouch...my hair hurts just looking at them!)


Antique keys....


Tins....


Cast iron toy stoves....


Tin cookie cutters....


Flour sifters....


Antique fans....


Spoons, jugs, glass jars....


Wooden boxes....


Antique leather shoes....


Glass jars...


Wooden signs....

After the tour we went to a local antique mall and tried to see what might fit our home and style.  We didn't find anything yet, but still thinking and looking.  I do love a good treasure hunt! How about you?

9 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I love that sign! We collect all kinds of junk and treasures. So that is a curling iron...OK, I was close.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, it's like a flea market.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I'm afraid I'd still be there looking, what a paradise.

Kim said...

I collect antique books among other things. I recently found out that some of them are worth a pretty penny too! But that's the great thing about collecting - I have no plans to ever part with them. You have quite a nice collection of antique furniture don't you Wendy??
xoxo,
Kim

sissie said...

Ooh, great collections and all so beautifully displayed.
In my home I hope that dust bunnies count as a collection! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Paula said...

Touring this home must have been fun! I enjoyed seeing all of the collections that you photographed.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

WOW! what a great bunch of treasures!

Glad I don't have to dust that stuff.

Donnie said...

I tell my hubby I collect money. Works for me...lol... Google reader ate my blog list so I just found out how to recover my followers.

Allison@Quaint Oaks said...

I married into a family of collectors and now I'm catching the sickness! We were actually working on a similar blog post to share all of our current collections. Let's see...books, children's books, antique baby bottles, prehistoric and historic artifacts, crocks, minerals, black and white photos, vintage hooks and hardware, handcrafted tiles...I'm sure I'm missing many! Coincidentally, we asked my in-laws to list their collections for us, just out of curiosity. Their list was two pages! Everything from vintage hats, antique cooking tools, yellow-ware, liberty-ware, pewter, keys... They could write a book. Now that I think about it, I should post their list. It could be inspiring! Best of luck with whatever collection you decide to begin. It's a commitment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity