Saturday, January 15, 2011

An invitation....

Tony and I were invited to tour the home of a local antique dealer today. We were excited to tour his home and hear the history behind his home and his collections. Camera's in hand we took almost 400 hundred pictures.
Today I learned a collection can be unique....
like hornet nests....


A collection is a grouping of things you love....

I can't wait to share the ideas he has packed into his home which dates back to the 1770's.

As soon as I make it though all the photo's, I'll take you on a tour....room by room. 

I am feeling the need to start a collection....
Do you have a favorite collection? 

See you soon!

8 comments:

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Okay, please tell me that was not a real duck in the jar of eggs so I can sleep tonight.

Rene said...

I know Beth, I was wondering about the duck too. Anyway Wendy, love your photos and also love those collections. I hope you are having a great weekend.

-Rene

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Love all of his collections, most places like that won't let you take pictures. How lucky he let you.
Molly

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I was totally wondering about the duck, too. It looks real.

I love collections, but feel like I can never get it just right. I have tons of Fiestaware and just got my first set of Pyrex nesting bowls. So, technically, not a collection, but I could see it becoming one.

Corners of My Life said...

Oh my Wendy, do I have collections!!
Too many to name although they include quilts, wooden bowls, tins, Atkinson Fox prints, snowmen, hen dishes, cloth napkins, baskets, suitcases, and on and on . . .
My advice to newlyweds these days is not to collect anything. It is fun while you are doing it but now, 30 years later, with a five bedroom house full of collections how will I ever get rid of them??

nannykim said...

Oh , sounds so fascinating!

Pamela said...

Wendy I bet y'all had sooo much fun and that you enjoyed your new camera!

dee dee said...

I love see how others live! An old house, collections galore! Can't wait to see all your photos! Are you enjoying your new camera?
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity