Saturday, January 22, 2011

A day in the park....

This morning the kids were asking....let me rephrase that...This morning the kids were begging to go sledding. When I was growing up I loved to go sledding and would stay out until my toes and fingers were numb. As an adult I don't love the cold as much any more. I do love my kids, so off into the cold we go. On our way to the hill the outside temperature in the car read 17 degrees. I knew I  should have added more layers! My toes are cold just thinking about it!

Headed to the top...


There is a thin layer of ice under the powdery snow, which makes for perfect sledding conditions.
Tony's sled flew down the hill...


Maddie's saucer kept up pretty good...
if you look closely at the photo...
you come down the big hill to then go up a small hill and hopefully land at the top....
if not, you go backwards down the small hill!

Watch out Tony the girls are driving...


Maybe it would help if they didn't cover their eyes...
just thinking!


Sarah spinning down the hill....


Feeling a little dizzy...


Mom and dad these are especially for you....


Tony the rocket....



They want to do it all over again tomorrow! Thinking maybe an extra pair of long john's, three pair of socks, and hot chocolate for the car ride home!

How do you stay warm on your sledding trips?

8 comments:

Rene said...

I'm not crazy about the cold either Wendy, but that looks like fun.

-Rene

Donnie said...

No sledding for these old bones but I can sure live vicariously through your posts. Looks like a lot of fun.

Jen said...

great pictures brings back fond memories as a kid

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I stay warm by sending them out with Dave! Did you go to Shank Park?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an amazing place to live! I would need a few extra layers to brave the weather..that's for sure! Have a wonderful week! ♥

dee dee said...

Wendy,
We have had tons of snow so far this year, but I think my kids have only gone sledding once, maybe twice. They can normally go across the street and sled on the golf course, and I can stay inside where it is warm!
Dee Dee

corners of my life said...

I love the first photo - it just shouts "anticipation".

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

FUN FUN FUN!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity