Friday, January 7, 2011

Blueberry Scones

A snowy morning, school delay and warm scones....life is good!


Ingredients
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup blueberries
Melted butter
Sugar in the raw

Step 1:
Put lemon juice in 1-cup measuring cup, pour in whipping cream to 1-cup mark, and let stand a few minutes to make soured cream.

Step 2:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Step 3:
In a food processor, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and blend briefly. Add butter and pulse to make a course, grainy mixture. Turn out mixture into a large bowl and make a well in center. Add egg, vanilla, and enough soured cream to make a soft but firm dough. Gently fold in berries.

Step 4:
Knead briefly on a lightly floured work surface, adding more flour, if required, to make firm dough. Pat out to 1-inch thickness. Cut into wedges or rounds and place on prepared baking sheets. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar in the raw.

Step 5:
Bake until scones are nicely browned, about 16-19 minutes.


Enjoy!

Linking to Foodie Friday

Recipe adapted from A passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman
If you love to bake you will love Marcy's cookbook,
filled with great recipes and baking tips!



20 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, those look delicious. I love blueberries.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Oh wow, those look amazing!! Blueberry scones are my favorite!

Rene said...

Life is good! I'm coming to your house next time it snows. It would be worth the snowy drive for a blueberry scone:)

Enjoy your weekend!
-Rene

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart said...

These sound so delicious and I might just have to try making them this weekend! Thanks for the fabulous recipe! :-)
Vanessa

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...my gosh these look so incredibly good. Especially sitting on that silver pedestal!

Suzanne said...

oh wow these look heavenly, love blueberries and scones, very cute blog too.

Michelle said...

I have officially put blueberries on my grocery list for the weekend! These look amazingly delicious!

Donnie said...

I love my scones and usually by them in Panera Bread. I might have to try this recipe. Sounds delicious.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

We love scones! We are suppose to have snow this weekend, which may mean school delay!

Tiffanee said...

That is a perfect morning!! These look amazing! I have not had luck with these before...maybe I just needed this recipe. I will be giving it a try! Yum!

Kim said...

This post had me at "Hello"! What a great picture - it looks like I can just reach into my screen and grab one. Of course I'm starving all the time these days. LOL! Have a great weekend Wendy!
xoxo,
Kim

Paula said...

Boy, they look so good! I don't think that they'd last long in this house.

Corners of My Life said...

We love scones so I am anxious to try your recipe. I think it will be our Sunday morning treat. Thanks.

Alison said...

Yum. I haven't made scones in a while but these I'll have to try. Thanks!

Amelia@MyTwoRedheads said...

I love scones warm from the oven. Thanks for the recipe!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I love scones, and these look so yummy!
Dee Dee

Sandra said...

Yummy...I can't wait to try this recipe...they look delicious!

Suzanne said...

These scones were a huge hit with my family...thanks for the recipe. I posted it on my blog with a few changes here is the link http://www.you-made-that.com/blueberry-scones/

Michelle @ between cottage and cabin said...

So nice to meet you. A farmhouse would be our dream- perfect combo of cottage and cabin rustic. Can't wait to follow along. The snow is headed this way too- will have to try this recipe out!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love scones! And I just bought some blueberries! I may need to try your recipe! It's so nice to bake when the weather's cold! Hugs! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity