Tuesday, December 7, 2010

With Bells on....

Welcome....This year our outside decorations have taken a bit of a transformation. Let me explain....

The outside Christmas wreathes have been with us for 17yrs and have had their share of change. They started out in the early 90's with red bows. It seems like the wind in Pa really takes a toll of them and we change them about every other year. Last year we changed to gold bows and gold ornaments. Here is last years picture (in our old house)....

The Christmas decoration didn't fare well in the wind and snow last year and I think the move was the straw that broke the camels back. Did I tell you we also lost a Christmas tree in the move? Oh...the joys of moving! Tony hung the wreathes, I think he was hoping they would be okay. Unfortunately they looked really pitiful!

Luckily for me! I say for me, because I am not the one that climbs the ladder in the wind and cold to hang the wreathes, that is Tony's job! That is why I say "lucky for me"....Rene from Cottage and Vine tweeted this awesome video from Sears and Eddie Ross.



Tony is a good sport and loved the red bells too! Sold! Off to Sears and bought all the red bells they had! Also got the two new wreathes we needed for the one side of the house.


Lets start at the front door.






Painted this little guy last year!

Here we are at the side of the house.
This is the door we use everyday.
Dad and Tony are drawing up the plans for  a side porch.
Hoping that dream will come true this summer
and I can say good bye to the wooden railing!
(But you do remember what we started with?)

We hung real wreathes on the doors this year.
The lanterns are from Ikea.
Yes, we finally made it to Ikea. Tony and I took our first trip in Nov.
We can see why you guys love going. It was awesome. I am seeing another
trip in our future!


Still putting the final touches on the inside. Hoping to invite you
over for a peek next week....



Come party with us at:
Linda at Coastal Charm

22 comments:

Debbie said...

Looking fantastic! I have not even tackled much outside, way too cold here! I am anxious to see your indoors too.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

You guys did great with your outdoor decorations! Your home looks so inviting! So jealous you have an Ikea close by. I would be going every weekend ;)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, I love the wreaths with the added bells. I used to hang a wreath on every window too and then we just got tired of putting them on and taking them down. Now I just put one giant ornament on the large window on the front and I have to giant red bells attached to it, too. Your doors look great and thanks so much for joining the party.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The wreaths are wonderful! It makes your home look like a Christmas house...so festive! ♥

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Just delightful! I love the wreaths on every window- so charming! Can't wait to see the inside! :)

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Oh my goodness, I saw the same video from Eddie! I went to Dollar Tree earlier to look for those bells in silver. Nothing! I found a pretty silver filigree style bell that Im going to add to the door garland tomorrow (too cold tonight)lol

I have the iron posts and railings too....its so difficult to work with those things. Im debating on wrapping mine with garland.

I love wreaths on windows outside (beautiful).

Happy Holidays!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wendy,
Love the look of the RED BELLS...your wreaths look great!!! I’m hosting a Christmas Open House on the 9th…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun!

Blessings,
Linda

Deb {Confessions of an Ugly Mom} said...

The wreaths with the bells and large bows look so pretty. I can't believe how far your new home has come under your care. Can't wait to see it in person.

Deb

Alison said...

Looks very pretty...I'm rather partial to red myself. And yes, the wind here in PA can knock the socks off of anything on the outside of the house!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

great job, very pretty. I love the wreaths and bells alot.
Molly

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What a lovely job on the outside decor! The bells on the wreaths really add the perfect touch! I esp love your tiny boxwood wreaths inside on your mirror! Wonderful job!
Dee Dee

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Are the boxwood wreaths on the mirror real?? If not, where are they from, I love them! Isn't it fun decorating a new house? Looks gorgeous.

Kelly Carson, Charter Homes said...

As always, love the post, Wendy!
I mentioned it as a must-see in Charter Homes' latest blog post on holiday mantel decorating ideas - check it out!
www.charterhomes.com/blog

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

The outside looks wonderful! Can't wait to see inside! I always say moving is almost as bad as going through a fire. You never make it to the next house with what you had. Things get either damaged or lost in the process. Looks like you've turned it around and made something really beautiful with your new decor.

Karen said...

Gorgeous! I love the bells and the big red bows. I think I need therapy, I have some sorta block, I can't even commit to change one wreath! All million of yours look great!

Brenda Kula said...

I love all the wreathes on the doors and windows! Very festive greeting for all that visit.
Brenda

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love your wreaths on the windows. I really wanna try that next year at the new house. The entry area is so cute, too. Love the bench.

Corners of My Life said...

Simple and classic.
Perfect!

Alison said...

Wendy...you can absolutely link an old cookie post! Can't wait to see what you submit.

Kim said...

Looks gorgeous Wendy! I've always loved those red bells. Hope you are doing well and enjoying the Season with the kiddos.
xoxo,
Kim

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

HELLO WENDY!! Your decor looks just like Eddies.
I would love to attempt this...but I'm afraid mine would have a tumbleweed effect.
I think the bells are a great accent to the whole look.
I especially liked your painted sled. I had a friend who tried to teach me how to tole paint, but when it came to the "floating" technique... I "sank!"
I'm finally getting around to the decorating,
we'll be cutting our Christmas tree from the backyard this weekend when my college boy is home. That's sure way to get us in a festive mood.
Do you like playing Christmas music while decorating? For me the music brings a wonderful scent of the season to the air, as does the aromas of baking.

It's good to be back, I hope you get a chance to stop by for a visit.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

I like your front door look. And the wreaths. I love ikea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity