Sunday, December 12, 2010

Starting to feel like Christmas...

Hello friends. I wasn't sure if this post was going to make it this year. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner and my to do list is still growing! This year I wanted our decorations to be simple and due to limited storage space the decorations can't take up a lot of space when packed away.  Ribbon has become one of my favorite decorating tools this year and doesn't hurt the budget.  Come on in.....

Most guests use the side entrance. When they walk through the door they enter the laundry room, which on some days can look like a disaster! Today I am avoiding laundry, taking photo's seemed like more fun.

The kitchen has a few touches of Christmas.
Added white ribbon to our tin pots.



A little green to the top of the cabinets for my feathered friends.

Kitchen table center piece. The white platter is from Marshall's,
Lanterns from Ikea and some  Xmas ornaments.

The kids loved making their own gingerbread houses this year. We bought the kits at Walmart.
Everything we needed was included. For those of you who know my kids,
I'll let you guess who's is who!!

This is one of my favorite photo's.
Looking from the Den into the family room.

One of our three tree's.
The other two trees are upstairs, one at each end of the hallway.

The top of the tree gave me trouble this year. Usually a copper angel from SL at Home adorned the top of the tree, but I felt like it was clashing with the tree. Decided to use ribbon and silver twigs from Kmart.

I told you Tony and I went crazy over the Lanterns from Ikea.
The plan is to use them outside this summer,
but I am having so much fun decorating with them inside, too!
I wouldn't mind going back to get some more!

Here is my SL at Home Angel tree topper. She is too pretty to pack away.

An end table from Ikea with a little bit of Xmas.



Coffee table with a little fake snow.


This is the first floor bathroom.
You remember what this cabinet looked like when
I got it from my brother's cottage?








Tony reminded me I forgot to share the photo's of the garage.

And the pond decorated by mother nature....
Do you spy the 2 cardinal's in the picture?
Just saw them as I was posting this picture.

There is the first floor as it looked today! One never knows what I might change around tomorrow. This is one of those crazy weeks. Are you feeling the same? Our cookie exchange is Friday, book drive for babies and Nutcracker Ballet is on Saturday, sprinkle in a few other Holiday parties and that will wrap up the week!

We are joining these fun parties...
and find some mantle inspiration with Kelly here




27 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Everything looks lovely, Wendy. Cozy and festive, but not overdone. I love your tree. It's just beautiful. And, the window in the kitchen - love the curtains. I am wanting cafe curtains like that in the next house. Thanks for linking up this week.

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous Wendy. I really loved the window shot, I almost thought it was from a magazine! Now that I saw your greenery on top of your cabinets I want some! LOL

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, you have your new home decorated beautifully for the holidays. I love your toile curtains in the kitchen and your living room is so pretty. You have such a warm and cozy home that you can tell is filled with love.

missarahlou said...

I LOVE those lanterns!! I think Ikea is calling my name (again).

Anne at Oh My Yes! said...

So many pretty things to look at, but I was captivated by your lovely toile curtains and the little topiaries on the sill!

Jen said...

love the table centerpiece- Alina and I may have to pop in someday..I am dying to see your house and property now- it's coming along beautifully!

Catalina said...

Omg, I love those gingerbread houses. Well, I love other stuff too, but I'm obsessed wiht gingerbread stuff.
Hoping to see you on my blog sometime, http://upthehillbothways.blogspot.com/

Cheers~!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Your home is just beautiful! Each rrom has such a wonderful touch of Christmas! You will have to let us know which child did which house! Each one is fantastic!
Beautiful, Beautiful... beautiful!
Dee Dee

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Your house is beautiful! LOVE those Ikea lanterns!

Karen said...

I loved seeing your Gingerbread houses. We tried a village this week, and ended up with 3 houses out of 6 and one beautifully decorated demolition zone.

Kathy said...

Your home is lovely -I love the gingerbread houses they are beautiful :-) Your tree is lovely with the bow and the garland that sparkles with all the lights; Wow you got those lanterns at ikea -they look so nice and they are big enough your not going to walk by and knock them over :-) Even your garage is beautiful !

Kansas Amy said...

Everything is just BEAUTIFUL! You did a wonderful job decorating!

Linda said...

Your home looks so lovely~ all your decorations, tree, and lighting just make your home welcoming and cozy!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment!

Shelia said...

Hi Wendy! Your home looks so pretty all decked out for Christmas! I love your sweet little corner hutch. I didn't know that about the cardinals - they are beautiful birds.
Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Michael - Innkeeper said...

visiting from newlywoodwards.

loving all your xmas decorations! beautiful!! so festive. thanks for sharing!

Leah said...

you want lanterns, come visit me! lol www.athome.com/leahwhitaker (visiting from newlywoodwards, had to plug myself! ha ha.) we have a great stand for outdoor lanterns.

anyway, i just LOVE all your pictures!! i need to check out your cute laundry room before i re-do mine.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I just couldn't get enough of all your pretty decor! Kitchen curtains are adorable! Your whole house is beautiful and the Christmas touches are just perfect.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wendy,
Everything looks so cheerful and ready for the holidays:)

Blessings,
Linda

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Wendy you did a fantastic job! The use of ribbon was so great...I especially like the centerpiece with the lanterns and the ornaments. So simple/classic but looks so cozy too. Im going to do the gingerbread house this weekend because its also my daughters 4th & my husbands bday on Monday! Christmas is a busy time for us here.

Atelier de Charo said...

Love all your Christmas decor, so cozy and beautiful home you have. The gingerbread houses are fantastic!!!

Blessings
Charo

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a welcoming looking home! All of your decorations are beautiful. You've inspired me with new ways to use ribbon -- I love the little wreaths hanging on the mirror. And your garage looks lovely!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home this week.

Corners of My Life said...

I am not sure I would describe your decorations as "simple". I would say more like classic or elegant.

Rene said...

Wendy, your home looks beautiful! You have already done so many nice things since you moved and the way it is decorated for the holidays is so festive and inviting.

-Rene

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

It looks absolutely charming Wendy! Love your decorations and I love how your garage looks too! So cute! Happy Holidays!

Kim said...

So beautiful Wendy! I just can't believe you've only been there a few short months. It looks like you've always been there. That view is stunning. Have a wonderful Christmas!
xoxo,
Kim

Pamela said...

Soooo pretty Wendy!! I hope y'all have a wonderful first Christmas in your new home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity