Saturday, December 4, 2010

Menu Ideas for an Open House

Lucky for us Tony had his camera at work today for their Holiday Open House.  He is at his happiest when he is catering and entertaining! And I love when he comes home and tells us about the delicious menu and decorations. 

Today's Menu included....

Grilled Herb Pita with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


Assorted Canapes


Bruschetta with a trio of toppings




Assortment of Fruit


Papaya was used as a garnish.


Cheese assortment; including Gruyere, Cheddar, Swiss, PepperJack, and Dill Havarti with a Honey Dijon Dip served in a martini glass.


Beef Wellington with Maytag Blue Cheese

Don't these babies look delicious!

Fall Orchard Punch
(sorry it is blurry)
Punch Recipe:
Equal amounts of
Ginger Ale
OJ
Apple juice
1 frozen concentrate of cranberry juice
Vodka (optional)

Tony shared to keep it simple. He likes to have items that can be made ahead (the day before the party) and plans for one hot item that needs to be baked the day of the party. This allows you more time to spend on presentation and you don't feel as stressed on the big day!  I am all for less stress!

Come and join us at Doberman's by the Sea Christmas Party

11 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW that is some awesome looking food. LOve the punch recipe, I will try that.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, Wendy! That looks delish! You know how to throw a party!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

What a party! The food is a work of art! Thanks for sharing.

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Everything looks delicious. The Bavarian Christmas linky party is now open-won’t you come and join us at http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/2010/11/1st-christmas-linky-party-at-dobermans.html and while you are there join the give-a-ways going on.

Maria M. Boyer said...

Tony's Catering?

Natasha said...

Boy oh boy, what a feast! My mouth is watering looking at all of that yummy food. Great job Tony!

Best wishes and happy weekend,
Natasha.

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Wow Wendy...I didnt know Tony was a caterer. That looks fantastic and I see a photo of my favorite. Crostini bread with bruschetta and it looks like my 2nd favorite olive tapenade (am i right)? I just made them last night for our tree trimming party with the kiddies. Great stuff....tons of well wishes and blessing with that.

Atelier de Charo said...

Oh Wendy a delicious party! All looks spectacular!

Hugs
Charo

dee dee said...

I have to figure out a way to get closer to you all! I'd hire Tony out to cook all my meals... I'd be broke but happy!
Dee Dee

Corners of My Life said...

Such an amazing spread and what a talented photographer. Now I am hungry and thinking my turkey sandwich is pretty boring.

Kim said...

How do you stay so skinny being married to Tony??? What's your secret? Spill!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity