Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hidden treaures....

Two posts in one day! Couldn't help myself. I am enjoying being on vacation this week and having more time to take pictures.  Today we explored a park which is only 5 minutes from our new home. It is amazing how you can move only 10 minutes away and still discover new places. 


Who knew this was tucked in the woods. I see picnics and exploring this summer. The sign said that there are trail guides at the library. We will be visiting the library tomorrow for sure!

As we started down the trail we stumbled upon this boat and joked about taking it ice fishing! Ha Ha joke was on us, when we turned the corner we were greeted by an ice fisherman.

I am not this trust worthy of the ice. It's been cold here, but not sure if it is that cold. They were out pretty far on the ice. I did tell you I am a worrier? Now, the kids thought this was awesome. That is were I interjected fear...do you know what would happen if the ice cracked. Is this bad? To interject fear? It is one of my biggest fears with our pond.  Lets move on, shall we.....

We headed in the opposite direction of the fisherman. And discovered natures hidden treasure....


Big rocks and little streams means lets try to get across without falling in. We love when we find these types of discoveries.







Of course Lily is going to skip the rocks and use it as an excuse to swim.

Blue and I choose to use the bridge....
If we could read Blue's mind right now, I think he is saying,
"You got to be kidding me!"
Lily ran out on the ice and we discovered we could see bottom....


I am okay with standing on ice if one can see the bottom....




As we were leaving and loading into the car I happen to glance across the street and spied a porch like we are envisioning for the back and side of the house.  Sweet!


And the front....


Arriving home we were greeted by Mr. Heron, who has decided to take a walk on our pond. I am still amazed that he has stayed and not flow south. Do you think he'll make it through the winter?


Hope your day was filled with some hidden treasures and a little adventure!

7 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Amazing property and scenery. It is like your own little piece of heaven there. I would have been so scared to watch them on the ice...but I am a worry wart too. Happy New year!

The Rusty Teapot said...

Hi Wendy Those Pictures are all A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
My Fav photo was 5th along with the little creek!
Your family photos are also wonderful!Wow I could just smell the crisp freshness in the air...thank you for posting them. :)

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

What beautiful pictures....I would love to explore a place like that. What a beautiful family you have Wendy. The porches are really nice (better than those iron things we both have to suffer with for now. lol) Happy Holidays

Linda said...

What a lovely day~ you're right, if the creek hasn't frozen over, it hasn't been that cold to make safe ice... Sure some pretty scenery!

dee dee said...

Wow....how beautiful Wendy! I love the photos and the park looks like a place I could send weeks exploring! I love the idea of a porch for your place, it would be a great addition to your home! Keep exploring and keep sharing!
dee Dee

Paula said...

This park looks like a great place to spend the day. How lucky you are to have it 5 min. from your house!

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

Wow! What a beautiufl spot! I can't wait to explore your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity