Friday, December 3, 2010

Grace...

My original plan this morning was not to share this picture of Lil' Tony's lego table, but to share with you a game we recently played. (Which I will share with you eventually) 


It all started this morning, I didn't turn on Tony's light when walking into his room, my mistake! I stepped on not one but what felt like a hundred lego's. I would love to tell you that I smiled and politely told him he'll need to clean up his room after school. That is what I would like to tell you, but the truth is I was upset.  Have you been here? And in my angry voice I told him that P-pa made him this wonderful lego table and it is for his lego's....the floor on the other hand....well that is for walking on with no lego's on it. That was when I saw in his eye's hurt and then I thought....grace.  Why do I sometimes lack it when it is needed most?  Why do I react before I think? And then I remember....

He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. Isaiah 42:3



Oh, why can't I be more like our heavenly father? I take a deep breath and ask Lil Tony to tell me why his lego's are all over the floor. One simple word "why" and it gives him the opportunity to explain.....
Lil Tony tell me....last night the girls (his two sister's) and I were playing lego's together and we each have built our own village. You know Maddie (13yrs) doesn't hardly ever play lego's any more with me and I wanted to save it. I wanted to play again tonight with them.


With his sisters.

Tears in his eyes. "I miss playing lego's with Maddie."

Grace.....These years are short that all 5 of us will live in under the same roof.  So, friends...I won't have any neat photo's to share of Lil Tony's room, because we are building a village and it might even take up some of the hall!

I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens. Philippians 4:12

And it goes back to my post "The little Things" because in the end does a clean room really matter? My grandmother entered heaven on Dec 1, 2010 and I am glad for the little things....it is what matters! Did I tell you her name is Grace.


7 comments:

Maria M. Boyer said...

Wendy,
First of all, my sympathies. I didn't know about your grandma. As for Tony's room: THAT could be Joe's room, if you took out the carpet. You are a good person and a good mom. I know you know that, just reminding you.
m

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

My condolences in the loss of your grandmother. This post just about made me cry. I'm constantly stepping on toys. But as the saying goes, "when they're little, they step on your toes, when they're older they step on your heart." I have a 20 year old. I'd love to go back to the days when her dolls and toys were laying around. I guess that's why with my boys, I just let it go. It passes way too quickly. But I'm always in need of more grace. Thanks for the reminder!

Jo said...

Wendy, Thanks for the beautiful post and reminder of how precious time with loved ones is. I just hugged my two boys. My prayers are with you in the loss of your Grandmother. Blessings to you!!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Hi Wendy,
I'm so sorry about your Grandma.

We all lose our temper at one time or another (or often, in my case), but it seems you have the patience, love, and yes, grace, to take the time and figure it all out. I hope you take some pics of that finished Lego village for us!

Natasha said...

Wendy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. This was a very beautiful story and a very touching tribute to Grace.

Too often I jump to conclusions and do exactly what you did. I will remember this story next time I have to deal with a situation like this. Thank you.

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wendy. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope you and your family are doing OK
My heart goes out to you and all the other moms (me included) who have been in your shoes. I think it was wonderful that Tony trusted you enough to be honest about his true feelings. Someday, I'm sure, he will be a great dad!!
Take care. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon...
Amy

dee dee said...

Wendy,
My email has been so slow at home that I have had to wait until this morning to catch up here at Mom's house. I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Grandma. My prayers and love are sent to you and all your family.
I love your take on Grace. You are an amazing Mom, and your family is blessed to have you. Lil Tony is so precious! Thank you for this special reminder! God Bless!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity