Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Year in Review....

I had so much fun going through  my posts of 2010 and review the year for Rhoda's top project party at Southern Hospitality and Kim's party at Savvy Southern Style. Wow! It was a busy one. The year starts out in our old house and in January of last year we didn't envision moving....dreamed it, but didn't think it would happen. Thank you to all of you who have been by our sides and supported us 100%.....your friendship, words of encouragement and support has carried us through some difficult times during the selling and moving period....Thank you.

The year started with new appliances. Do you remember how Tony and the Lowe's guys couldn't get the Refrigerator in? Wait...I think we had the same trouble getting it out!

Next we moved onto the Stairs makeover. This was one of my favorite changes in the old house.


Then I acquired the cute cabinet from my brothers cottage and gave it a fun Cabinet Makeover.

 Oh my...the wall paper in the Dinning Room needed to go. This was probably my second favorite change in the old house. 



Then we thought we might be expecting.


Do you remember when I was just wondering? This is when I realized how amazing you guys are. You answered my question honestly and understood 100% what it means to have a dream.


And we are today chasing a dream and turning it into reality. Something I never thought would happen.

But before we could sell, our old house it needed a little bit of a face lift.


Then we Moved......
Since moving the biggest changes are the outside changes. There are still many changes to be done to the outside, but you know Rome wasn't built in a day...or at least that is what I keep telling myself!
And the garage

Inside I tackled the kitchen table makeover.


And together Tony and I made some changes to  the red room.


Which brings us to the end of the year and that means today is Miss Sarah's birthday...
9yrs old..how does that happen?
I do know our  three beautiful children are the biggest gift God has given us and our most important project!

There it is in a nutshell....A Relatively Unique journal of our little story....
  We hope you stick around in 2011, because we truly enjoy your company!
We have big plans (dreams) for 2011! Crossing our fingers they come true!


23 comments:

Corners of My Life said...

I have enjoyed reading about your journey this year and can't wait to see what 2011 brings for you to blog about. Happy New year.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy. you did some amazing makeovers in 2010. Looking forward to what next year brings. Thanks for joining the party! Happy birthday to Sarah!

Pat said...

I enjoyed seeing your project review, Wendy.

All the best in the new year.

Vanessa said...

Hi Wendy! I just found your blog through Kim's party and I just have to tell you how beautiful I think your home is and it looks like you guys have had a really busy year! I'm looking forward to going through your old posts and catching up on what looks to be a great story of trusting God with His plans for your lives. I also noticed that you too have been blessed through adoption and that makes us instant kindred spirits! :-) Come on by when you have a chance and say 'hi'.
Vanessa (your newest follower!)
P.S. I host a little linky party every Friday and would love to have you join in the fun sometime!

Shelia said...

HI Wendy! Oh, what wonderful projects. Your home is so beautiful - inside and out!
Be a sweetie and happy new year!
Shelia ;)

the cape on the corner said...

your outside changes and your photography are my favorites! just gorgeous!

Pamela said...

Wendy thanx for bringing us along on your journey! I love stopping by and seeing what y'all are up to. Oh and I will be right over to help ya out with your laundry room!:) Here is to a new year filled with only blessings!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

You did an amazing job, sweet Wendy!
Happy celebrating on December 31th. And all my best wishes for a wonderful 2011, I am looking forward to a whole new year popping by your lovely little corner in the world! xxxx

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I love what you did with the cabinet and really like the kitchen table makeover!

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah!

It is fun to look back and see all that's been accomplished. Those stairs look wonderful! I'm going to be tackling mine soon so I'll have a look at your post.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Manuela

Paula said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for following along with me. I can't wait to explore your blog and to see what you have in store for 2011.

I only have a minute now to look but I'll be back to see more of what you accomplished in 2010. The stairs will be my first click because I've got a project that could be pretty similar in mind for my home!

Rene said...

It is truly amazing to think that you moved this year and that it has already been that long ago. I remember you talking about it like it was yesterday. And just look at what all you have done. Bravo!

-Rene

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Beautiful! You have had a very busy year!
-Trish

Pat said...

You have certainly had a busy year and a very wonderful life! Well Done!

laxsupermom said...

Wow! Busy, busy, busy. Everything looks great! I especially love the board & batten in the red room.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Wow! What a year, friend! Can't wait to see what 2011 brings.

Linda said...

So many wonderful projects, Wendy! So much can happen in a year's time!

Laura B said...

Hi Wendy! You got a puppy!!! We just loved your Christmas pictures, and your new house is beautiful. Your blog is such a sweet reminder to take the time to notice the beauty around us - Love you, and Happy New Year!!

Atelier de Charo said...

What an amazing year my dear Wendy!!!

My best wishes for this New Year!!!

Besos
Charo

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Happy New Year to you and Happy Birthday to Sarah, and Herbie liked the picture of Ginger and says please post more like that one.

Pondside said...

It was so nice to have a chance to catch up on your doings - it's been a while! I wish you all the best in 2011 - it's good to have a dream!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

You guys were so busy Wendy. You did some awesome projects!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a year it has been!! I'm so glad I've been able to catch a glimpse through your blog. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity